Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Hearing Kolko confused as everyone was running out of the stadium was a heart dropper. Hopefully people are ok outside the stadium, but glad it wasn't what I initially thought. These open air events with large buildings around them always make me a little nervous

Ā 

Looks like the game gets resumed tomorrow

Looks like 4 people were shot outside of the stadium....

Ā 

Ā 

Two of the victims were transported to the hospital conscious and breathing. Another two walked into area hospitals "for treatment of gunshot wounds," police said.

Ā 

The game was suspended at the bottom of the sixth inning and will resume at 1:05 p.m. EST Sunday, the Nationals said in a statement.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by zskins

Here's another reason why I'm growing to love Davey Martinez.Ā  After the shots rang out last night, some fans scrambled onto to the field along with players' family members, into the dugouts, and down the tunnel.Ā  A cluster of people found themselves huddled in theĀ  clubhouse outside Martinez's office.Ā  Davey was checking on everyone, making sure they were okay.Ā  Pretty soon, a security guard came by and asked if the group was family.Ā  Davey said to the guard "Yes they're familyĀ  - they're our fans."

• Like 5