Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

5 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

Oh, hell yeah! FP is back!  First game I've had a chance to watch in a while... has he been back for long?

That was his second third game back. (Edit: I erased that 24-8 from my memory...)

Favorite F.P. thing today... Talking about pitchers and sticky stuff:

"Has anybody checked eyebrows? That's where I'd put my sticky stuff, on my eyebrows.  Ya know, look like I'm really interested in the game, kind of push them up like I'm surprised all the time, and then touch my eyebrows between pitches.  Like, what umpire is going to touch your eyebrows? Just get big bushy eyebrows going.  Boom! Genius! There's pitchers out there taking notes now. 'Good idea F.P.' You get a big unibrow going and you can put half a jar of stick'em on your face."

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

Schwarber can't come back fast enough.

Amen.

Also:

Strasburg can't come back fast enough.

Tanner Rainey can't come back fast enough.

Joe Ross can't come back fast enough.

Yan Gomes can't come back fast enough.

Will Harris can't come back fast enough.

Alex Avila can't come back fast enough.

The Nats are going to get a steady stream of reinforcements down the stretch.  Hopefully they'll still be within striking distance.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Yan's 10 days is up after today right? No way he's STILL injured from just swinging the bat. Rainey should be close too, no?

Not sure about timing, but:

Pitchers:

60 day IL:

Will Harris

Luis Avilon

Stephen Fuentes

10 Day IL:

Kyle McGowan

Tanner Rainey

Joe Ross

Stephen Strasburg

Catchers

10 Day IL

Alex Avila

Yan Gomes

Outfielders

10 Day IL

Kyle Schwarber

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Really interesting odds there and it’s notable because it factors in strength of schedule remaining. Phillies are the favorites and they’re currently two games back. Braves have better odds than the Mets and they’re four games back. I believe this team could go on a run, but we’ll need a big bat at the trade deadline. I still want Kris Bryant. Our lineup would be brutal once Schwarber is back. 

17 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Amen.

Also:

Strasburg can't come back fast enough.

Tanner Rainey can't come back fast enough.

Joe Ross can't come back fast enough.

Yan Gomes can't come back fast enough.

Will Harris can't come back fast enough.

Alex Avila can't come back fast enough.

The Nats are going to get a steady stream of reinforcements down the stretch.  Hopefully they'll still be within striking distance.

Hopefully.

Read that Stras is throwing from the mound. We'll see how he feels. I have zero expectations that Will Harris is a consistent reliever in the Majors again.

A lot of injuries after that fun run against some bad teams was rough to watch. When you have 2-3 starters who wouldn't even be on the bench if it weren't for so much going wrong. It's hard to get mad at something specific. Just watch and root for them to get healthy, stay healthy, and win a few for every loss. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Really interesting odds there and it’s notable because it factors in strength of schedule remaining. Phillies are the favorites and they’re currently two games back. Braves have better odds than the Mets and they’re four games back. I believe this team could go on a run, but we’ll need a big bat at the trade deadline. I still want Kris Bryant. Our lineup would be brutal once Schwarber is back. 

i think the mets have one of hardest remaining schedules in the league, and we have one of the easiest remaining. most of august is NL East games. if we can get everyone back (including all pitchers) by the end of this month, we definitely have an ok chance. which is crazy to think after going 3-11 against the NL West teams

• Like 1

i dont understand why Dave is still pretending Lester is a starter. He even admitted he doesnt have control of his best stuff anymore. You could swap him with anyone in our bullpen not named Clay and it'd be an improvement. There also has to be at least 1 guy in the minors that is better