Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Man, those Mets fans getting all excited about winning a series against us in May, and leading the division in June. "We own you" they said...

4 of 5, 11 of 18 over those clowns since the start of last year...

Beating the Mets never gets old.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, -JB- said:

You think this is fun wait until Cade Cavalli gets called up! Happy Will Ferrell GIF by Bounce

We can be patient there.  With the surprisingly good starting pitching lately, who does Cavalli replace given that Stras will also be back next month?

Espino is on fire.  Corbin is looking more like his old self.  Fedde is solid lately.  Lester then?  But he's like the #6 starter.

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

We can be patient there.  With the surprisingly good starting pitching lately, who does Cavalli replace given that Stras will also be back next month?

Espino is on fire.  Corbin is looking more like his old self.  Fedde is solid lately.  Lester then?  But he's like the #6 starter.

Fedde is on the IL with an oblique strain, an injury that is notoriously difficult to heal fully. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I’m not being impatient in saying he will get called up at some point.  Not saying it will be next week.  I just foresee him being called up if he keeps up his dominant starts in Harrisburg.  Fedde is out now and with Stras consistently out and other injuries that happen throughout the course of a season I definitely see him coming up down the road.

• Like 1

What’s the plan going forward?  Are we buyers or sellers? To me, it’s obvious we should be buyers.  But how aggressive should we be?  Upthread, Adam Frazier was mentioned.  I like it as  it allows Harrison to become a utility player.  Maybe give him more ABs at 3B.  Castro has been a glaring weakness with the bat.  What about Escobar from ‘Zona.  He’d be a rental with experience.  But he hasn’t been great this season though better than Castro.  We need a bat to put in behind Bell.  Problem is our farm is not too deep.

4 hours ago, Ball Security said:

What’s the plan going forward?  Are we buyers or sellers? To me, it’s obvious we should be buyers.  But how aggressive should we be?  Upthread, Adam Frazier was mentioned.  I like it as  it allows Harrison to become a utility player.  Maybe give him more ABs at 3B.  Castro has been a glaring weakness with the bat.  What about Escobar from ‘Zona.  He’d be a rental with experience.  But he hasn’t been great this season though better than Castro.  We need a bat to put in behind Bell.  Problem is our farm is not too deep.

If we're within 3 at the deadline I think we are modest buyers.

Don't think there is any chance we trade someone like Scherzer unless we're like 7+ back.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I think any buying we do has to be either a long term vision player or a salary dump from a no longer contender.  We are so thin in the system and realistically not a trade help or two away from legitimately contending this year.  We should roll the dice and see where this squad goes, but we can't alter the future plan for a shot this year.

I am in awe of the top of this lineup. Imagine if Robles starts hitting and we can preserve our defense. Adding Adam Frazier would give the lineup so much length and a wealth of utility options. As long as Bell keeps hitting, Zimm can stay fresh. The offense is right there. 

We just need the pitching staff to get healthy. 

• Like 2