Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

I don’t know if this has been mentioned recently here but Max could very much reach 3,000 career K’s this season!  He’s at 2,903 right now.  Give or take how many starts does he have left this season if fully healthy?

We're going to maths this one.

Max is averaging 5.87 IP per start this year. He's striking out 12.1 per 9, which is 1.34 per inning. Therefor, he's averaged 7.9 K's per start. He has 97 strike outs to go, so he'll need about 12 starts (97 divided by 7.9), approximately. Definitely doable this year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Why aren’t either Keiboom or Garcia close by to bring up?

Both of them stinking it up at the plate down in the minors this year.  Which leads me to this... What about Jake Noll?  He’s only 27 years old and batting .299 with 5 HR’s .827 OPS in AAA thus far this year.  Give him a shot.

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Mets lost. Wish Corbin had been able to keep it together for just one more inning…

Corbin has been so hittable, I chalked this one up as a loss before the game even began. And then he looks serviceable for four innings, then the 5th happens.  

4 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

That’s Pacific time. It’s an 11am game like we’ve played on the 4th frequently before (every year?). 

ya im on pacific time. didnt realize they usually do 11am games on the 4th. seems early for an east coast game, no? especially since half the fans watching are going to be on pacific time

24 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

ya im on pacific time. didnt realize they usually do 11am games on the 4th. seems early for an east coast game, no? especially since half the fans watching are going to be on pacific time

Gotcha, yeah Nats play that early on the 4th of July pretty much every year. Unfortunate for Dodgers fans that they’re playing a west coast team this year. 

• Like 1

It's a decent time to get hurt, in a sense, because we're not that far from the break. It was going to be a rough couple of weeks anyway. 

I figure with Parra out there we'll still get professional at bats and plenty of Baby Shark energy. We just won't be starting games out 1-0 every single day. 

Edited by Bacon