Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

just realized they'll be playing every single day, 20 games in a row, dating back to 6/22, all the way to the break. including a trip to the opposite time zone. against the best teams in the league. brutal

im guessing there will be some guys very grateful they didn't make the allstar game

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Worthless Braves blowing a 3 run lead against the Mets...

That’s ok… too early to know whether or not the Braves will be a factor. They’re close enough to contention that when they play the Mets or Phillies, you just hope there isn’t a sweep involved. Spread the Ls around. :) 

18 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

That’s ok… too early to know whether or not the Braves will be a factor. They’re close enough to contention that when they play the Mets or Phillies, you just hope there isn’t a sweep involved. Spread the Ls around. :) 

I think you missed the point of the Mets losing (Braves need to be a factor for us in this case). Mets losing and us winning today means us being closer to being #1 in the division. 

Would have been nice to see the Mets lose today... but the Braves let them back in the game and now they are actually winning instead of them losing by 3 instead. :(

Edited by zskins

I don't see this bullpen holding on like this for 2 more weeks. Need at least Huddy back ASAP to take the pressure off of Hand. Dude needs a break tomorrow, and I have no idea who's left to close for him, especially if we're treating Espino as a starter now

Hope I'm pleasantly surprised

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

I don't see this bullpen holding on like this for 2 more weeks. Need at least Huddy back ASAP to take the pressure off of Hand. Dude needs a break tomorrow, and I have no idea who's left to close for him, especially if we're treating Espino as a starter now

Hope I'm pleasantly surprised

Absolutely, Hand should not pitch tomorrow.  It’s tough. They pitch him Sunday because he doesn’t pitch Wed-Sat, then he’s needed two nights in a row.  Last night wasn’t a save situation, but he got warm prior to the Zimmerman homerun.  With Rainey out, I give the duty to Voth.  Scary thing is Lester is pitching tomorrow.  Need six from him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Absolutely, Hand should not pitch tomorrow.  It’s tough. They pitch him Sunday because he doesn’t pitch Wed-Sat, then he’s needed two nights in a row.  Last night wasn’t a save situation, but he got warm prior to the Zimmerman homerun.  With Rainey out, I give the duty to Voth.  Scary thing is Lester is pitching tomorrow.  Need six from him.

They’re throwing Rasmussen out there so I suppose it’s a bullpen game for them.

4 back in the loss column. I didn't think I'd see this by July 1st the way the season started. 

If I read the schedule correctly, NYM play everyday until the break & ATL play 11 games in the next 12 days. Yeah, easier schedule for both but still a grind especially in this heat.

We've seen this before - take it 1 game at a time.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ball Security said:

What’s the plan going forward?  Are we buyers or sellers? To me, it’s obvious we should be buyers.  But how aggressive should we be? 

Problem is our farm is not too deep.

I don't want to deplete a thin farm system.  Given how expensive Stras and Corbin will be for awhile, and that Scherzer is in his last year.  We kind of need our farm system to make up for the expensive pitchers are aren't producing like their pay.