Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

3 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Going to get a great indicator on how good we really are with the next 2 series (LA and SD have much better pitching). Should be fun

I mean...looking through the power rankings this morning, most sites have Tampa as a consensus top 3-5 team. They won the AL last year and haven't changed much. Wins like these are VERY impressive. 

I wrote off those Dodgers and Padres series, but I think we've more than proven we can compete with them. We split with SF, after all. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Guess that cute bullpen game backfired ha

First guy ever to do it!

Tampa does that a lot.  Use an opener and then turn it over to a few 2-3 inning relievers.  Their lefty couldn’t get anyone out.  If we get Castro and Robles going, look out!

• Like 2

Hey good job Phillies bullpen! They only gave up 3 runs over 4.1 IP! Nola however...

When we hit the All Star Break we will be done with the Giants and Dodgers, and will finish with the Padres 1st series out of the break. If we're right around .500 there...whoa nelly.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I don’t know if this has been mentioned recently here but Max could very much reach 3,000 career K’s this season!  He’s at 2,903 right now.  Give or take how many starts does he have left this season if fully healthy?

Somewhere between 14-17.  Yes, it’s doable and quite an accomplishment.

• Thanks 1