Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

26 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

So... any move at 2nd for tomorrow? I love Cabrera, but that was pretty bad at the plate tonight

He did get a base hit.  And also made a good play defensively at 2nd.  I fully expect him back at 2B in game 2.  Especially considering he actually has put up good career #’s vs Verlander.

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Dozier for extra defense in a pitching duel. 

I mean, Dozier used to be a good hitter right? Or am I imagining that

3 minutes ago, -JB- said:

He did get a base hit.  And also made a good play defensively at 2nd.  I fully expect him back at 2nd in game 2.  Especially considering he actually has put up good career #’s vs Verlander.

Good stuff, and forgot about his base hit. I wouldn't be pissed either way, just curious. I just had some of his terrible swings seared into my brain

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

I mean, Dozier used to be a good hitter right? Or am I imagining that

He's always been more of a power hitter, with his best average ever being a good but unspectacular .271. Some good OPS figures though: he's cracked .850 twice, once en route to 42 homers and 99 RBI. He was an all-star once and also has a gold glove. 

This was 2-3 years ago at this point, his best years are past him, but he still has some pop and a solid glove. Highly unlikely to be a game changer, but you keep him around for his defense and the distant possibility of a timely home run. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1

“George Springer's double went 377 feet. It was hit at a 102.5 mph exit velocity with a 31 degree launch angle. Similar batted balls went, on average, 394 feet during the regular season.”

^^^^ That’s some computer nerd, analytical, superimposed bull****.

If the balls are suddenly not juiced, like in the regular season, Juan Soto’s HR probably would have “on average” traveled 503 feet LOL

• Like 3

So apparently I can’t watch live this series either. Game tied 2-2 when my wife and I moved to bed to watch the rest. Brushing teeth, laying down... boom 5-2. Didn’t watch another second of the live broadcast until I was sure the game is over. I’m literally DVRing this whole series so I can rewatch it since my superstitions are a tangible thing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5