Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

18 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Good! This will piss a lot of people off, but this is the right move. Team is playing well above it's talent level. I'd hate for a Kapler with the Phillies situation.

What do we have here with Herz? Keith Law (who is currently super pissed about Crews skipping Wilmington) said that he was a likely bullpen guy. But, man, he’s put up some numbers in AA while being young for the league. If he turns out to push his way into the 25 rotation…I know we could have avoided this problem if we just re-signed Rendon and owed him $115M more dollars over the next three years, but I guess Rizzo will deal with it.

• Haha 1

Extending Davy and Rizzo is great news, in my opinion.  I love their approach.  The shine from 2019 is still bright for me.  I think Davy's done a great job with the kids this year, and his relentless positivity in 2019 despite a lousy start was petty key, I think.  And Rizzo seems to have torn down a world series winner and gotten us to a team loaded with young talent on the rise in basically 2.5 seasons - compare that to the years of tanking that got the Astros and O's to their current success and it's pretty remarkable.  Sure, not every single move has been great, but nobody bats a thousand, and I'd take those two any time.   

Edited by bcl05
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Carter Kieboom is getting his first MLB action tonight at third.

I saw that Green played in FL yesterday while Vaquero did not. I’m wondering if he’s headed to Fredericksburg.

Been awhile but definitely not Kieboom’s first mlb action. 

To add on to the Herz news, he's on fire since the trade. Tonight he's thrown 4 innings, 0 runs, 0 hits, 2 walks, and 6 strikeouts. Something he's throwing is doing damage. Anyone know if his bread and butter is heat or off-speed?

Even if he's just a reliever, it seems like he could be become a good one. I'm liking that he's part of what's shaping up to be a stacked AA group.

https://x.com/barrysvrluga/status/1694134561217647019?s=46

Svrluga hinting that the Chisox may be making a run at Rizzo. They just fired their GM today. Rizzo is from Chicago. 

Rosenthal broke the news about Davey's extension and that Rizzo's was close behind. But there's been some delay since then.

Maybe reaching. But still

Edited by CRobi21

53 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

https://x.com/barrysvrluga/status/1694134561217647019?s=46

Svrluga hinting that the Chisox may be making a run at Rizzo. They just fired their GM today. Rizzo is from Chicago. 

Rosenthal broke the news about Davey's extension and that Rizzo's was close behind. But there's been some delay since then.

Maybe reaching. But still

Hopefully that’s just a ploy to get more money. I’d be pissed if goes.

Very good night for the org.

Lots of good stuff with Harrisburg, Fredericksburg, and the big club.

Good to see Gray bounce back. He’s had a shaky August with the six man rotation, but pitched well tonight.

hehe. Didn’t realize Rochester scored 7 in the bottom of the ninth to win too.

Edited by Ball Security

11 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

This might sound crazy but there is a chance we could be playing meaningful baseball in September. We have a ton of games left against the Marlins. 

It ain't over till its over...

As long as they reach 70 or above I'm fine 

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I don't think we're really in the playoffs hunt yet, September is pretty difficult schedule. But this team is exciting, especially considering out top prospects are still in AA ball, and we will have a ton of financial flexibility.

Yeah I get 2011 Nats vibes. They ultimately finished 80-81. I don't see us finishing around .500 but 70 is definitely in reach. And as we all know the 2012 team was outstanding.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

My Dad (Yankees fan) is in pain we're piling on their losing streak (it's like 9 now)...

He never kicked me when I was down when I left for a local team that at the time was losing 100 games a year.

Text him this morning, his response..."Sad."

I heard on the radio this morning if they lose ten it will be the longest losing streak in their history.

• Like 1