Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

56 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Our A bullpen is taxxxed. Have this one. Take the series in front of the little leaguers tomorrow night

Yeah, they were in a bad way. I see where they optioned Abbott after the game. He was brutal, but it’s gotta be hard pitching once every eight days. Running Machado three days straight, that’s what you’ll get.

They have Williams tomorrow, so you’ll need some long guys tomorrow too. I’d send Adon down too. And bring up Munoz and Willingham to try to get through tomorrow. Rainey and Thompson should be ready soon, and you can bring back Adon when rosters expand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Crews to AA

Yoyo and Pinkley to A+

Morales going to Wilmington leads me to believe that House will stay in Harrisburg.

I’d like to see them promote Young to AAA and roll with Hassell, Crews, and Wood in the OF.

A+ will have Pickney, Lile, De la Rosa, and McKenzie.

I also imagine that Green will return to Fredericksburg.

Glad I got to see those three this past week.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 4

must be calm about the crews hype

he don't lose service time if he's called up in sept so there would literally be no reason not to do it. the only concern is that Giolito was fast tracked and then saw reality in the majors. He's doing fine now but we rushed him up. Also, Giolito wasn't an everyday player, but that's the latest hype I recall for a player with the Nats

35 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

must be calm about the crews hype

he don't lose service time if he's called up in sept so there would literally be no reason not to do it. the only concern is that Giolito was fast tracked and then saw reality in the majors. He's doing fine now but we rushed him up. Also, Giolito wasn't an everyday player, but that's the latest hype I recall for a player with the Nats

I wonder if this is more about him getting extended time in Harrisburg with 3 of his future starting big league teammates more than any notion of calling him up in 2023. A few dozen games to be challenged. To hopefully, rise to that challenge. To build chemistry with the future OF. 

18 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

we just need a rotation

The rotation has taken a major step

up this season which is one of the biggest drivers of their 15-20 win improvement.

It was horrid last season. This year it has been middling with ERA+ ranging from 89-106 for the five main starters who have taken 94% of the starts.

I really want them to hit FA hard and get a starter, move Williams to the bullpen, and have Irvin, Rutledge, Adon compete for the number 5. Then, if everyone is healthy, have Cavalli replace Corbin when he’s ready.

Gore, Gray, Cavalli, Irvin, Corbin will start the year, in some capacity. I'd like to see Rutledge at some point this season to see what he can do. Apparently, the roboumps in AAA have a miniscule zone.

I don't know they'll go hard this year on pitching, probably smaller, rebound candidates while we see what we really have in Gore, Gray, Cavalli, Irvin, Rutledge, plus MiLB prospects like Bennett, Parker, Sykora. Plus, the options this year are less than stellar. I don't want to sign a big name starter to just sign a big name starter. I've said before, Flaherty makes a ton of sense, as does someone like Tyler Mahle, coming off TJ. They can work something where he can Cavalli overlap, Cavalli will be ready early in the season, Mahle later.

I cannot wait until next year when Crews, House, and Wood will be pressing for MLB time.

i just don't understand why they wouldn't go after Yamamoto he has been crushing NPB along with Sasaki. But Rizzo doesn't care about the asian market.

Even getting Lee Jung Hoo would be nice.

I'll have to ask him in person sometime because we need to beef up our asian scouting. Asia is where all the best pitchers are right now. Yamamoto, Sasaki, Shota?, etc

16 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

i just don't understand why they wouldn't go after Yamamoto he has been crushing NPB along with Sasaki. But Rizzo doesn't care about the asian market.

Even getting Lee Jung Hoo would be nice.

I'll have to ask him in person sometime because we need to beef up our asian scouting. Asia is where all the best pitchers are right now. Yamamoto, Sasaki, Shota?, etc

This is the biggest deficiency in our approach--our complete lack of Asian presence. They need to fix this.

• Like 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/08/21/nationals-bullpen-cart/

Trip Morgan is a bit lonelier these days. That’s what happens when you’re one of the Washington Nationals’ eight bullpen cart drivers and none of their relievers will take a ride.

“Now do I try to entice people?” said Morgan, who’s driven the cart since it was introduced in the summer of 2018. “With the visitors, I will stick the tail right next to the door, almost blocking them so they have to really think about it before jogging into the game. I don’t do that with the home team, I just get close so they know I’m there and able to drive them in. But I hope some of our relievers take me up on it soon. I miss the company.”

34 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

There’s this guy named Fedde tearing up the KBO. They should go after him. 🤣

He plays for the Dinos. I watch every morning.

Edited by ixcuincle

17 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/08/21/nationals-bullpen-cart/

Trip Morgan is a bit lonelier these days. That’s what happens when you’re one of the Washington Nationals’ eight bullpen cart drivers and none of their relievers will take a ride.

“Now do I try to entice people?” said Morgan, who’s driven the cart since it was introduced in the summer of 2018. “With the visitors, I will stick the tail right next to the door, almost blocking them so they have to really think about it before jogging into the game. I don’t do that with the home team, I just get close so they know I’m there and able to drive them in. But I hope some of our relievers take me up on it soon. I miss the company.”

He plays for the Dinos. I watch every morning.

They should do something like have a kid or one of the folks from the service members they honor at everygame go for that ride if a pitcher won't. 

• Like 1