Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

2 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I legit couldn't name four current Pirates. Is Brian Giles still on the team?

At 48, that would explain their record.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

So you're just an asshole?

Riggo, just drop it.  Not worth letting him take a minute of your post championship joy.  Unicorns and sunshine!  For real this time!  We're the freaking World Series Champions!

• Like 1

Just now, bearrock said:

At 48, that would explain their record.

Riggo, just drop it.  Not worth letting him take a minute of your post championship joy.  Unicorns and sunshine!  For real this time!  We're the freaking World Series Champions!

Yeah, I added him to the ignore list with that other virtue-signaling douchebag.

• Like 3

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

It's more a low tolerance for trolling dickbags trying to ruin our fun.

You can be just as annoying as the trolls you're trying to save us from. Its magnificent synergy.

Sometimes it's alright to let people tire themselves out. Not every "Slight" deserves a Normandy invasion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sometimes it's alright to let people tire themselves out. Not every "Slight" deserves a Normandy invasion.

I've been handing out reports as necessary. Let the mods deal with it instead of getting into the mud. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You can be just as annoying as the trolls you're trying to save us from. Its magnificent synergy.

Ok, fair enough, I'll try to dial it back. It really isn't trying to be a hero, it's about meeting an asshole with, well, a bigger asshole.

Back to fun baseball stuff.

Great article on the narrative that Hinch blew it rather than the Nationals won it: https://tht.fangraphs.com/hinch-didnt-blow-it-the-nats-won-it/

Warning it does contain the words "his best reliever, Trevor Rosenthal," however not in reference to the Nats.

And I still love all you guys!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Congrats on y'alls WS win.  Savor it, you never know how long it will be for another one, trust me :( 

Appreciate it!

I got my daughter up to watch the trophy presentation and celebrations for that very reason and dragged the whole family to the parade, knowing how long of a day it would be. I may never see another championship in my lifetime--definitely not one from the Redskins!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Appreciate it!

I got my daughter up to watch the trophy presentation and celebrations for that very reason and dragged the whole family to the parade, knowing how long of a day it would be. I may never see another championship in my lifetime--definitely not one from the Redskins!

That's pretty cool man.  I'm sure it's a day you're kids will never forget, really cool memory to have.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Great article on the narrative that Hinch blew it rather than the Nationals won it: https://tht.fangraphs.com/hinch-didnt-blow-it-the-nats-won-it/

Hey, someone giving credit to the quality of our team instead of passing the blame onto the opposing manager! After all, how could the 93 win Nats possibly unseat the Dodgers or Astros without someone making it easy for them? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

That's pretty cool man.  I'm sure it's a day you're kids will never forget, really cool memory to have.  

She had a blast, but man, the meltdown after being there for 5 hrs was epic...

Next planned event: Max Scherer's Induction into Cooperstown.

• Like 1

Wowsers, wake up from flu induced NyQuil coma to this **** show.

please tell me I wasn’t just dreaming the the Nats won the World Series?

if they are still World Series champs who (or why) give a **** what non Champeens o the World have to say?  Let the peons grovel for pebbles.

In the meantime

N

A

T

S

natsnatsnats

wwwwwwoooooo ****es!

• Like 2

Hmmm....  So didn't even think about this.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/washington-nationals-stadium-naming-rights-world-series

Nationals Park has operated without a naming rights deal since it opened its doors in 2008. Team executives sought a sponsor when the stadium was under construction in 2006 and again in 2016, but negotiations did not yield a suitable offer.

Naming rights deals can be a key source of revenue for sports teams, with high-end agreements generating as much as $20 million annually for franchises over a period often stretching for a decade or longer. While a World Series victory would not guarantee the Nationals a top-dollar deal, it could bring corporate partners interested in national exposure back to the table, according to Gemini Sports Group President Rob Yowell, who was involved in the franchise’s initial naming rights talks.

Honestly, I kind of like the generic Nationals Park name, but wouldn't really care if there's a corporate sponsorship, especially if higher revenue would help maintain a high payroll.

Somebody on reddit suggested Walgreen's as the corporate sponsor, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2