Riggo#44

2020 Washington Nationals Thread ***WORLD SERIES CHAMPION***

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Howie shouldn't be starting anymore. Can't rely on career journeyman veterans who get a random hot streak. It never lasts.

He's hit all year...What are you talking about

Ok got out of it unscathed.

I still think if two get on, you PH for Corbin. If only one gets on he can just sacrifice bunt anyway. If noone gets on keep him in because it's not worth it.

@Rex Tomb I can't stop them from letting a good team get on base, but damn if they can get out this inning without allowing a run.  At some point their bullpen guy is going to come in.  I'd hate to wait for that, but this is a really good baseball team we're playing, 3-4 against them this year, didn't win either series and dodgers got homefield advantage here. 

Edited by Renegade7

2 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Okay - I'm going to bed.  Did the same thing Tuesday night and we went on to win.  

YdNKc67.gif

• Haha 2

H

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

@Rex Tomb I can't stop them from letting a good team get on base, but damn if they can get out this inning without allowing a run.  At some point their bullpen guy is going to come in.  I'd hate to wait for that, but this is a really good baseball team we're playing, 3-4 against them year, didn't win either series and they got homefield advantage here. 

Was hoping Corbin could go 6

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

H

Was hoping Corbin could go 6

Me too, at this rate it looks like he will, they would've PH him right here if they thought about pulling him before 6.

They need run support, they are swinging like little kids at a pinata right now, not even close some of these swings. 

• Like 1

Bottom of the lineup refuses to draw walks. You can see how fast things get for them. Middle of the lineup has been patient and intimidating, it's just a chilly night in a big park. 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Me too, at this rate it looks like he will, they would've PH him right here if they thought about pulling him before 6.

They need run support, they are swinging like little kids at a pinata right now, not even close some of these swings. 

Our lineup is top heavy but lacks real oomph after like the 6 hole.

Just now, HailSkins90 said:

Is this game more frustrating that two nights ago? I can't tell lol

Nope, I would've been pissed if we lost to the Brewers because they should've beat them, and they did.  I would not be shocked if they lost this serious, and it wouldn't be a choke job if they did.