Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Tonight should be an eye opener for the team.  Dodgers are supremely talented and they are gonna kick our ass in a laugher of a series if we don't find a way to dig deeper and find another gear.  The goal still remains.  Find a way to take one of two and head back to DC with home field advantage.  Looks like Stras is gonna have pull on his cape tomorrow.  In the meantime, I hope the bats wake up in time.

7 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:

The Nationals scored more combined runs (total number of runs in each series) than their opponent in both the 2016 and 2017 NLDS.

Do you feel like they invest in starting hitting the same way they do starting pitching?  Do you think what their doing is working and they shoudn't try to do that? 

You bring up a good point, but the closest thing I have to somebody I think can get us a hit when it matters most right now is a 20 year old, that feels likes asking a lot.  When I look at those games when they happened and now looking back at the scores, I stand by this team not having the hitting it needed when it needed it most because it never really had it in the first place.  

They invest in Pitchers they expect to depend on in October, but don't do that with hitters.  I've been asking them to do that for years, the response that we are doing is fine when this is a first year advancing in the playoffs since they moved to DC...I don't know, man.

12 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:

My god you guys are absurdly negative and that's coming from someone who is about as negative as it gets. Everyone calm down. The Nats got blanked in Game 1 in 2017 at home and still forced a game 5.

We are getting shutout, we should be allowed to keep the faith and call out the mistakes at the same time, this is a message board.

10 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:

Again, the Nats outscored the Dodgers in 2016, and the Cubs in 2017. This is a false narrative.

so timely hitting... That goes back to how I said they are so streaky with hitting and no hitting, especially when the stakes are high. When they get nervous they can never hit in the postseason. I'm guessing they had higher run totals those years because a couple games they loosened up after they finally got a couple runs and got streaky again. But when they need runs the most, and they're cold... Forget about it

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We are getting shutout, we should be allowed to keep the faith and call out the mistakes at the same time, this is a message board.

Wow, wasn't aware of that fact. Thanks for the heads up. Just sick of a few folks (not you) spamming the board with negative (and also wrong) comments every 5 seconds. I'll sign off for the day.