Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

2 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Watching the Tampa - HOU game. It's crazy how aggressive HOU is with the bat. Hope that's what we start to do. Let's reset our game plan on offense. 

Rex Grossman style. **** it, I'm goin deep. Get some good hacks in! Enough of this patient ****.

Our lack of patience with the bat in the bottom third of the lineup killed us yesterday. The only good inning we had was when we showed patience and ran up Buehler's pitch count in the...4th, I want to say? Which was immediately halted by a Cabrera at bat that was way too aggressive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Watching the Tampa - HOU game. It's crazy how aggressive HOU is with the bat. Hope that's what we start to do. Let's reset our game plan on offense. 

Rex Grossman style. **** it, I'm goin deep. Get some good hacks in! Enough of this patient ****.

It’s great to be aggressive when you’re not chasing everything up and out of the zone like the Nats have the last two games.  Then you have Cabrera’s AB with the bases loaded and he immediately chases two bad pitches and taps one to the pitcher.  Need more guys to approach each AB like Juan Soto.  Even Rendon hasn’t been himself during the playoffs (aside from the good AB walk in the 8th inning of Wild Card game).  He has seemed very uncomfortable and the Dodgers seem to keep him guessing.

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

I can dig it.  Got Zimm in the lineup.  Would like to see Parra since he ended the season hot and has hit relatively well vs Kershaw.  Howie is one of our more reliable bats so can’t complain as long as he’s not at 1B lol 

I know Cabrera had a horrible game, but so did Kendrick.  With the way he showed on defense at 1st, nervous about him at 2nd.

56 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I know Cabrera had a horrible game, but so did Kendrick.  With the way he showed on defense at 1st, nervous about him at 2nd.

To be fair to Kendrick, one of his K's was a walk that would have made a difference. But yeah, he couldn't field worth a damn. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, bearrock said:

That was an atrocious game he had last night defensively for sure.  I believe in second chances!  His bat has been so good , hard to pull him out of the lineup!

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

That bunt was seriously like me desperately trying to make contact with major league pitching using all resources available to me. 

I tried to bunt 90 one time in high school and yeah it reminded me a lot of that except the contact part. :ols: