Riggo#44

***2019 Miracle Nationals WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS***

Davey cannot afford feel-good gambles with Rosenthal in a crucial division game. That moment had devastating reprecussions.

Up 4-1. He pitches to Freeman with 2 outs, 1st base open.

Up 8-4. He puts in Rosenthal for a b2b. Let's him walk the bases loaded, never had it.

Series W given away by a incompetent moron.

• Like 3

As happy as I was last night, it's gone 180 entirely. Davey Martinez ham-handed this one away. Complete ****ing moron.

Definitely not on Davey. Bullpen is spent after the doubleheader and a bunch of close games. Rosenthal’s gotta pitch if he’s on the roster. 

Going back to what I said earlier, we need two more quality relievers. We’d have 15 more wins right now if we had those two guys all year. 

• Like 1

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

Definitely not on Davey. Bullpen is spent after the doubleheader and a bunch of close games. Rosenthal’s gotta pitch if he’s on the roster. 

Going back to what I said earlier, we need two more quality relievers. We’d have 15 more wins right now if we had those two guys all year. 

no its most definitely on Davey. it was pretty damn clear after that first batter, Rosenthal had nothing tonight. Davey allowed him to pitch to two more batters

• Like 1

Just now, StillUnknown said:

no its most definitely on Davey. it was pretty damn clear after that first batter, Rosenthal had nothing tonight. Davey allowed him to pitch to two more batters

You could argue only giving him two batters rather than 3. But with a 7 man pen, at least two guys unavailable, no way you can afford to yank him after one batter. 

22 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Davey allowed him to pitch to two more batters

Could have used Grace or Sipp and had a better outcome and saved Ross for tomorrow. Idiocy compounded by idiocy.

Posted (edited)

Win the next one and try to forget tonight ever happened. Plenty of opportunities to get over .500 and beyond over the next 3 series. 

It's very, very obvious what this team needs to do at the all star break if they want to compete, which is a good thing. They just can't bury the season in the meanwhile. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1

Yeah need to rebound tomorrow--even if we don't--this was a successful homestand. Day off on Monday is huge and some sub-par teams on the schedule. Gotta hope Braves cool off too.

Posted (edited)

Needed to happen. He wasn’t going to be given another chance to pitch in any meaningful situation. Now we can move on and try to acquire a legit set-up man. There are going to be several available at the deadline. 

Hopefully we can get a better lefty too. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215

13 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

On everything I love, if he goes to Oakland and starts pitching like an all-star i'm going to break all the things

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just reading the box score now...man that's a brutal game to blow. Would have been huge to have a guaranteed series win going into a start with a complete unknown P.

33 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

On everything I love, if he goes to Oakland and starts pitching like an all-star i'm going to break all the things

"Break all the things"sounds like an awesome rap metal song.

Hope you go viral if Rosenthal starts throwing up goose eggs

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

"Break all the things"sounds like an awesome rap metal song.

Hope you go viral if Rosenthal starts throwing up goose eggs

LOL you must be thinking of "Break Stuff" by Limp Bizkit.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Like 1

Voth looked like a career minor leaguer his 1st call up. He's doing it all today. Looks real good.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Voth looked like a career minor leaguer his 1st call up. He's doing it all today. Looks real good.

popped some steroids and got that fastball velocity up

go score that man some runs

• Haha 1