Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

First  .500

Then the wildcard 

Then the championship 

Then the money

Then the power 

Then the women 

****es always chase the money and power...and ringz.

Pretty sure fighters were scrambled after those two moon shots.

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

Stras gotta hit a homerun just so we can see him move through the dance line

That would be amazing.

I love the influence Parra, Robles, and Soto bring. They're having fun in that dugout.

A win is a win is win. I didn't like using Doolittle there. He's looked tired a few games in a row. Now he's likely down for the next few and they used Suero who was looking nasty in the 8th.

This Zimm thing worries because he'll probably get more playing time than he can handle or deserves too quickly. I'd have him DH. Then have him start at 1st every 3rd game or so while being available to PH later in games. If he makes it to August without getting hurt on that schedule. Then 50/50 starts for August. IF he makes it through that. Then let him start 2/3 games at 1st the rest of the way. 

Also, he needs to be batting LOW in the order to start. Like 7th or 8th low. 

Anyone else worried about Doolittle? He is getting hit harder and harder this year--gave up the three run double to Curtis Granderson, who's hitting .187, and gave up a couple hits last night. His use really worries me.

33 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

This Zimm thing worries because he'll probably get more playing time than he can handle or deserves too quickly.

I'm less worried about it. They guy crushes coming off the DL. When he's hot, he's an offense-carrying bat.

41 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Also, he needs to be batting LOW in the order to start. Like 7th or 8th low. 

He'll bat 5th/6th or so. I see:

Turner

Eaton

Rendon

Soto

Robles

Zimmerman/Adams/Kendrick

Dozier

Gomes/Suzuki.

I could see Suzuki batting higher when he starts. Robles higher maybe. But the top 4 are locked.

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

And Davey to stop throwing him the second a game becomes a save situation. There is no reason to not throw Sipp last night instead

Honestly just a tough situation. I’d agree with you if we hadn’t blown so many leads this year and are already effectively playing September baseball given the ground we have to make up. 

We need 1-2 other quality relievers to help ease the burden on Suero and Doolittle. One of them should be a closer who can be used as a setup man for us (or closer if Doolittle gets hurt or goes through a rough patch).