Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BitCoin falling like a Dotcom

joeken24

18 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

The current rash exuberance and stupidity reminds me of a time during the dotcom crash when I was looking to hire people. One guy told a story that his CEO told their small team that they couldn’t  make payroll this week while the recently purchased Sony Robot Dog wandered around in the background.

similar but not as extreme - had a ceo come in and say everyone not a part of the core (read: original) team had to be let go and we needed to “start over”, right after he bought a brand new x5, parked his brand new Harley in the storage area, and had just closed up his brand new pool for the season 

(When we all eventually left, let of leaving lead to the discovery the company was just his slush fund for his life)

((which is more common in the small business world than many are willing to admit))

In fact the reason the core team left, was they were so upset about the entire situation. I went with them cause my job was directly tied to one of them. 

to this day I believe everyone else thinks we betrayed them. And caused the company to ultimately get bought out and everyone’s lives to go through massive change.  The ceo sold them the idea we basically did a form of a hostile takeover or something. 

none of them know the reason the core people left was because the options were to stay and get rid of everyone else, or leave and do their own thing. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 7:45 PM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

How do I gamble on crypto? Coinbase. Those transactions fees turn me off. 

You gotta use the new "Advanced Trade" feature, or the entirely separate Coinbase Pro app my dude. Miniscule fees in comparison to regular Coinbase.

2 hours ago, tshile said:

similar but not as extreme - had a ceo come in and say everyone not a part of the core (read: original) team had to be let go and we needed to “start over”, right after he bought a brand new x5, parked his brand new Harley in the storage area, and had just closed up his brand new pool for the season 

(When we all eventually left, let of leaving lead to the discovery the company was just his slush fund for his life)

((which is more common in the small business world than many are willing to admit))

In fact the reason the core team left, was they were so upset about the entire situation. I went with them cause my job was directly tied to one of them. 

to this day I believe everyone else thinks we betrayed them. And caused the company to ultimately get bought out and everyone’s lives to go through massive change.  The ceo sold them the idea we basically did a form of a hostile takeover or something. 

none of them know the reason the core people left was because the options were to stay and get rid of everyone else, or leave and do their own thing. 🤷‍♂️ 

I worked at a pharmaceutical company here in RVA in the early 90s. About 2 years into the job (a startup of purchased existing companies) the CEO had a meeting to tells us we had been sold to a Belgium pharma company who had a main US office near Atlanta. When someone asked the CEO if the new company was going to shut down the RVA operation & move to Atlanta, he replied, "They're going to do what they're going to do." Yeah, no ****?  I was out of there within 2 months. And about 4 months later they closed up RVA ops & moved to Atlanta. 

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, tshile said:

My career was almost entirely with small tech highly entrepreneurial companies and George Bernard Shaw’s comment applies … “The reasonable man adapts himself to the World; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the World to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”

Many entrepreneurs genuinely think they are smarter than those silly accountants, lawyers and HR stiffs who just get in the way.

A number of small companies I’ve been involved with were just unprofessional rather than corrupt. One President/Founder didn’t take a salary but wanted the company to pay for hangar rental for his two airplanes.

Another didn’t ask for reimbursement for most of his legitimate business expenses and then thought it was OK in return to get reimbursed for some family meals out. 

In both cases the companies were better off financially from their behavior but that wasn’t how to run a business especially if you wanted investors or acquisition.

And of course many, many businesses have no qualms about employing family members in roles that they would never get on their own. And we see that in the NFL where many senior staff find coaching jobs for their entirely unqualified sons.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Is that what happens when you don’t buy the dip?

Your boy The Mooch says Bitcoin could easily recover to $100k in the next 24 months. When has he ever been wrong about anything.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/currencies/bitcoin-price-outlook-100000-anthony-scaramucci-crypto-ethereum-bull-crypto-2022-6

• Haha 1

New York’s New Mining Ban Begins the War Against Crypto’s Climate Sins

A few days before the close of the New York state legislature on June 2, the fate of Assembly Bill A7389C seemed certain: Despite passing in the Assembly about a month prior, the bill was never assigned to the calendar of a crucial committee it needed to go through before going to a vote in the state Senate. Its odds of becoming law looked incredibly slim.

But legislative officials knew they had enough Senate votes for the bill to pass. So, constituents made phone calls, supportive legislators pressed their colleagues, and with just a few hours to go before the legislature closed for the year, the bill passed in the state Senate. In the wee hours of the morning on June 3, the New York state legislature passed the first moratorium on fossil-fuel powered proof-of-work cryptocurrency mining of any kind in the country. “Hundreds of people calling by the hour every day for the days leading up to the final hours of session proved to legislative leadership how concerned New Yorkers were,” New York state Assembly member Anna Kelles, sponsor of the bill, told The Daily Beast in an email. “The voice of the people was the most important factor in driving this bill over the finish line.”

Members of the cryptocurrency industry see those final hours differently: as a swift, surprising move that puts New York on path toward eliminating their sector entirely.

“Our efforts to secure enough votes in opposition to the bill were essentially thwarted,” John Olsen, New York state lead of the Blockchain Association, told The Daily Beast. “We were certainly surprised … between being told that this bill is likely not going to move, to 24 hours later, it's on the Senate floor.”

The bill now sits with Gov. Kathy Hochul, who has yet to signal a commitment to either signing or vetoing it. At contest is the emissions footprint of a form of digital currency mining that environmental advocates, including Kelles, say is fundamentally at odds with New York state’s climate goals. In 2019, the state committed to a landmark set of environmental targets when it passed the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA)—including one to limit its emissions by 85 per cent by 2050 from 1990 levels.

But the possible proliferation of Bitcoin mines that are powered by fossil fuel plants would thwart any efforts to reach this commitment. The state is home to 49 retired power plants that could be brought back to life with little difficulty. Kelles and her counterparts fear those plants look attractive to an industry that, by nature of its setup, has exponentially growing energy needs.

Click on the link for the full article

^^ A voluntary tax on dumbasses

I'm tired of hearing about how these people are just misled, they aren't stupid or deluded, they've just been gamed. Well hon you gotta be some kind of serious stupid to even sniff that **** there. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Champagne bottle sells for record $2.5 million

A bottle of Champagne has sold for $2.5 million, eclipsing the auction record for bubbly and likely becoming the most expensive bottle of wine ever sold.

But there's a fizzy gimmick: the magnum of Chateau Avenue Foch, 2017, comes with a single NFT that includes the digital art and intellectual property rights to an image of "Bored Ape Mutant" and to other collectible cartoon figures that adorn the bottle. (A magnum is the equivalent of two regular-sized bottles.)

220713110203-chateau-avenue-foch-bored-a

Click on the link for more of the stupidity

Bay Area man loses $380K investing in cryptocurrency suggested by woman he met online

Investors fear they may have been conned out of hundreds of thousands and even millions of dollars from a high-stakes deal introduced to them by attractive women.

The Federal Trade Commission says it's seen an uptick of complaints involving romance and cryptocurrency.

Kevin Sam, of Antioch, met a woman online in February who reached out suddenly via a direct message.

"She was very kind. Still to this day, she's kind of empathetic," Sam told 7 On Your Side.

He says their online relationship grew, but they still have not met in person.

Sam remembers her mentioning an investment opportunity in cryptocurrency on Feb. 10.

"Open the wallet and enter the mining pool," she wrote, urging Sam to invest with the site called defi-base.com.

He did just that and he says it immediately paid off.

"Originally, it started at $2,000. Then it went up to $5,000 almost a week later," he said.

So he invested more money.

"At $50,000, I was making $1,000 a day," said Sam.

He even borrowed $100,000 for his mother to invest.

But he says when he tried to cash out on some of his investments, he ran into problems.

"You are participating in the 7-day 100,000 USDT gift on the mining pool. Cannot withdraw during the pledge period," the company told him.

That was on March 5.

In all he says he invested $225,000 and still hasn't been able to withdraw his money.

He filed a complaint with the FBI.

"$225,000 was removed from my crypto Coinbase wallet without consent," Sam wrote.

The FTC says it cannot comment on any current or potential investigation, nor could it comment on any particular crypto platforms.

The agency issued a report that put total losses from crypto-related fraud from January 2021 through the first quarter of this year at more than $1 billion.

Blockchain.com Cuts 25% of Its Workforce Amid Crypto Bear Market

Cryptocurrency exchange Blockchain.com is cutting 25% of its workforce, equating to about 150 people, the firm said on Thursday.

The company cited the harsh bear market conditions and the need to absorb financial losses. The exchange recently revealed it was dealing with a $270 million shortfall from lending to beleaguered hedge fund Three Arrows Capital.

Blockchain.com said it will close its Argentina-based offices and cancel team expansion plans in several countries. Some 44% of the affected employees are in Argentina, 26% in the U.S., 16% in the U.K. and the rest in other countries, the company said.

The reduction brings the firm’s staffing back to January levels, a representative told CoinDesk via email.

Blockchain.com has expanded rapidly in the past 16 months, growing from 150 employees to more than 600. The firm's fundraising efforts will absorb the financial impact from the collapse of Three Arrows Capital, the Blockchain.com representative said.

Other high-profile crypto companies have announced job cuts as the bear market continues to bite the industry.