NickyJ

2018 Embrace [Insert QB name here] Thread

Recommended Posts

With Alex Smith and Colt McCoy finished, we need a new thread for our new QB. Maybe it's Sanchez, maybe it's going to be the guy we sign later this week who ends up starting after 2 games.

 

Mark Sanchez is bad. I don't think anyone can disagree with thatEJ Manuel and TJ Yates were worked out last when we signed Sanchez. Any chance we bring them in again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EJ Manuel might be the only guy worse than Sanchez. I would be fine with Kap, but it won't happen, so I'll go with Bradford.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, a new GM and Coach, obviously. But the only plan that makes sense is to trade vets for draft picks, trade down in this draft for future picks, accept a bad year and the higher pick that comes with while amassing draft capital for a future Franchise QB.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know people have mentioned Bradford, but Bradford keeps a crutch in the locker of every team he plays for. Our 4th string QB being injury prone is the only way we could make this even worse lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point formulation of an offense that requires no QB is what’s needed.   I’m not saying it’s easy - but yeah that’s our only option.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

Seriously, a new GM and Coach, obviously. But the only plan that makes sense is to trade vets for draft picks, trade down in this draft for future picks, accept a bad year and the higher pick that comes with while amassing draft capital for a future Franchise QB.

 

This.  I think I read that we can get $50+M in cap space by cutting or trading Reed/Thompson/Davis/Norman/Brown.

 

Time to bottom out for 2019.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New coaches and plans for next year sound good, but right now they need to figure out who can play QB and finish out the year lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

 

This.  I think I read that we can get $50+M in cap space by cutting or trading Reed/Thompson/Davis/Norman/Brown.

 

Time to bottom out for 2019.

Williams and Kerrigan. They have some trade value, have one year left on their contracts and we'd be dumb to re-sign them. But that doesn't happen if we have the Allen/Gruden go for 9-7 routine happening again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone young and who can throw the ball downfield. I heard Paxton Lynch mentioned before, maybe give him a chance.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

New coaches and plans for next year sound good, but right now they need to figure out who can play QB and finish out the year lol

Honestly when I first responded I thought it said 2019, but I let my post stand. 

 

For this year, my first choice would be to sign Kurt Benkert off the Falcons PS. Young guy with at least a hint of upside, could at least be around for next year's camp. Sign whatever vet to back up Sanchez for a couple of games until Kurt learns the offense a little. I don't really care who.

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Honestly when I first responded I thought it said 2019, but I let my post stand. 

 

For this year, my first choice would be to sign Kurt Benkert off the Falcons PS. Young guy with at least a hint of upside, could at least be around for next year's camp. Sign whatever vet to back up Sanchez for a couple of games until Kurt learns the offense a little. I don't really care who.

 

The positive here is that Bruce won't have any problem pronouncing Kurt. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zskins said:

 

The positive here is that Bruce won't have any problem pronouncing Kurt. 

Well, obviously my first priority is to see if he calls him "Kirk".

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the statement below is true.  Colt as I and many have said many times, its not just that his play is questionable in his career but the dude has been as brittle as glass.  So now 2 QBs coming off broken legs?  I am going to pay special attention now to Haskins, Lock, Grier, etc in the bowl games -- I think they are going for one.  You can't really use FA unless you go bottom of the barrel because you already got about 25 million tied in Alex and Colt.

 

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Idaho fan said:

At this point formulation of an offense that requires no QB is what’s needed.   I’m not saying it’s easy - but yeah that’s our only option.  

Exact opposite conversation we were having this time a year ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This year it doesn't matter anymore... who ever is available will be fine... we will ride the Mark Sanchez boat. 

Teddy Bridgwater is on a one year deal with the Saints, Brees is playing amazing and it doesn't seem he will retire... he will come here to be a starter, with a team friendly contract for 2019... for me is the obvious choice

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I think Bridgewater is the best target.  

 

Is Smith done for?  Like really done for?  We either hope he retires and we get some of that money back, or that he heals miraculously well and comes back like Week 5 next year?  I don't know the timetable for his injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we might not have a franchise QB for another 2 or 3 years now. cause Redskins. this is quite possibly the lowest I've ever felt as a fan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Yeah I think Bridgewater is the best target.  

 

Is Smith done for?  Like really done for?  We either hope he retires and we get some of that money back, or that he heals miraculously well and comes back like Week 5 next year?  I don't know the timetable for his injury.

He's got a guaranteed 31 mil coming to him if he doesn't retire, so forget about that happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

we might not have a franchise QB for another 2 or 3 years now. cause Redskins. this is quite possibly the lowest I've ever felt as a fan 

 

I've been trying to avoid this, but you might be right. Maybe we get lucky and get Bridgewater or trade up to draft someone.  But it could be very well be oblivion for us until my mid 30s, jus like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.