Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Embrace [Insert QB name here] Thread

NickyJ

With Alex Smith and Colt McCoy finished, we need a new thread for our new QB. Maybe it's Sanchez, maybe it's going to be the guy we sign later this week who ends up starting after 2 games.

Mark Sanchez is bad. I don't think anyone can disagree with thatEJ Manuel and TJ Yates were worked out last when we signed Sanchez. Any chance we bring them in again?

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

Seriously, a new GM and Coach, obviously. But the only plan that makes sense is to trade vets for draft picks, trade down in this draft for future picks, accept a bad year and the higher pick that comes with while amassing draft capital for a future Franchise QB.

This.  I think I read that we can get $50+M in cap space by cutting or trading Reed/Thompson/Davis/Norman/Brown.

Time to bottom out for 2019.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This.  I think I read that we can get $50+M in cap space by cutting or trading Reed/Thompson/Davis/Norman/Brown.

Time to bottom out for 2019.

Williams and Kerrigan. They have some trade value, have one year left on their contracts and we'd be dumb to re-sign them. But that doesn't happen if we have the Allen/Gruden go for 9-7 routine happening again.

6 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

New coaches and plans for next year sound good, but right now they need to figure out who can play QB and finish out the year lol

Honestly when I first responded I thought it said 2019, but I let my post stand. 

For this year, my first choice would be to sign Kurt Benkert off the Falcons PS. Young guy with at least a hint of upside, could at least be around for next year's camp. Sign whatever vet to back up Sanchez for a couple of games until Kurt learns the offense a little. I don't really care who.

14 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Honestly when I first responded I thought it said 2019, but I let my post stand. 

For this year, my first choice would be to sign Kurt Benkert off the Falcons PS. Young guy with at least a hint of upside, could at least be around for next year's camp. Sign whatever vet to back up Sanchez for a couple of games until Kurt learns the offense a little. I don't really care who.

The positive here is that Bruce won't have any problem pronouncing Kurt. 

I think the statement below is true.  Colt as I and many have said many times, its not just that his play is questionable in his career but the dude has been as brittle as glass.  So now 2 QBs coming off broken legs?  I am going to pay special attention now to Haskins, Lock, Grier, etc in the bowl games -- I think they are going for one.  You can't really use FA unless you go bottom of the barrel because you already got about 25 million tied in Alex and Colt.

This year it doesn't matter anymore... who ever is available will be fine... we will ride the Mark Sanchez boat. 

Teddy Bridgwater is on a one year deal with the Saints, Brees is playing amazing and it doesn't seem he will retire... he will come here to be a starter, with a team friendly contract for 2019... for me is the obvious choice

Yeah I think Bridgewater is the best target.  

Is Smith done for?  Like really done for?  We either hope he retires and we get some of that money back, or that he heals miraculously well and comes back like Week 5 next year?  I don't know the timetable for his injury.

10 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Yeah I think Bridgewater is the best target.  

Is Smith done for?  Like really done for?  We either hope he retires and we get some of that money back, or that he heals miraculously well and comes back like Week 5 next year?  I don't know the timetable for his injury.

He's got a guaranteed 31 mil coming to him if he doesn't retire, so forget about that happening.

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

we might not have a franchise QB for another 2 or 3 years now. cause Redskins. this is quite possibly the lowest I've ever felt as a fan 

I've been trying to avoid this, but you might be right. Maybe we get lucky and get Bridgewater or trade up to draft someone.  But it could be very well be oblivion for us until my mid 30s, jus like that. 

Archived