Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election fraud in North Carolina

No Excuses

NC Board of Elections is refusing to certify the House race in NC-09, where it’s becoming extremely likely that Republican Mark Harris and his campaign committed widespread fraud.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-the-heck-is-happening-in-that-north-carolina-house-race/

After three weeks of waiting, we thought every U.S. House race in the country was finally decided. No such luck. FiveThirtyEight has uncalled the North Carolina 9th District — an extremely close race that we thought the Republican had won — in light of allegations of voter fraudthat, it turns out, may go back to 2016.

On Tuesday, the North Carolina State Board of Elections met with the expectation that it would certify Republican pastor Mark Harris’s apparent 905-vote win over Democratic veteran Dan McCready. But it did not, citing the board’s responsibility “to assure that an election is determined without taint of fraud or corruption and without irregularities that may have changed the result of an election.” Although the state Republican Party objected, all nine members of the board of elections voted to delay the certification. On Friday, there was no sign that the race would be certifiedanytime soon; the board of elections votedto hold an evidentiary hearing on or before Dec. 21.

The week of the election, investigators began looking into possible absentee-voter fraud in Bladen and Robeson counties, in the 9th District’s less populated eastern end. On Thursday, local media reported on several affidavits submitted by the North Carolina Democratic Party in which voters said that people came to their doors to collect their unsealed absentee ballots. One voter alleged that her ballot was incomplete at the time and that the collector said “she would finish it herself.” Another claimed to have received an absentee ballot that she did not request.

FiveThirtyEight also took a look at absentee-by-mail ballots in the 9th District and found that the absentee statistics and the election results do imply that something unusual happened in absentee-by-mail voting in Bladen County (and, to a lesser extent, Robeson).

Confess that part of me is surprised that the no-doubt-dominated-by-rabid-GOP-dirty-tricksters board didn't decide to just steamroll this evidence and head to their team's victory party. I actually want to upgrade my opinion of NC Republicans. 

(Part of me thinks that they decided that they wouldn't get away with it.)

23 minutes ago, Larry said:

Confess that part of me is surprised that the no-doubt-dominated-by-rabid-GOP-dirty-tricksters board didn't decide to just steamroll this evidence and head to their team's victory party. I actually want to upgrade my opinion of NC Republicans. 

(Part of me thinks that they decided that they wouldn't get away with it.)

Or maybe, just maybe, we are reaching the limits of tribalistic blindness and finding that there actually are some things that shouldn't be allowed, ignored or excused.

4 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Or maybe, just maybe, we are reaching the limits of tribalistic blindness and finding that there actually are some things that shouldn't be allowed, ignored or excused.

Nah. Despite the GOP’s efforts, there are still a few actual, decent Republicans remaining. Just so happens that the folks on that board fall into that category. They must be identified and stomped out.

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Nah. Despite the GOP’s efforts, there are still a few actual, decent Republicans remaining. Just so happens that the folks on that board fall into that category. They must be identified and stomped out.

Just had to drag it out in the yard and beat it to death didnt ya?

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

NC Board of Elections is refusing to certify the House race in NC-09, where it’s becoming extremely likely that Republican Mark Harris and his campaign committed widespread fraud.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-the-heck-is-happening-in-that-north-carolina-house-race/

Well I’ll be damned, looks like the GOPers were right about election fraud!

I wonder how they knew?!

.....reads article.......oh.......lol

Just now, Bang said:

If you are still a member of the Republican party, you are an enemy of freedom.

~Bang

Absolutely!!

Anyone...and I mean ANYONE who remains in the hopes of reforming the party is a damned fool.

You are either an active part of the problem, complicit to the problem or enabling the problem.

Archived