Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An assault on American voters is underway

No Excuses

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Sounds like liberals need to spend a little more time at the range.

Arguments about revolution and protecting ourselves from imaginary (delusional) purge/like scenarios do not help.

Neither one of us wants to keep responsible gun owners from being able to hunt or collect or protect themselves and their families. I however, don’t want to allow any ****ing crackpot to effortlessly load up on killing tools. Nobody should want that, right?

But then you have to face the reality that it’s goimg to be a little bit of an inconvenience for everyone else. I would think that should be a fair trade off too. Shouldn’t be that much debate.

Gun manufacturers would have to take a hit here though and that’s just not acceptable to them and since they have no real argument about why they should be able to flood the population with military grade weapons that are continuously used to kill mass quantities of innocent civilians, have to create some paranoid fantasy about Joe Backwoods and his dip**** militia standing up to the most powerful military in the history of the planet.

And people believe that ****. Most of them are also the ones who believe that Trump is a great man and a great leader. In other words, they have poor judgement and are easily manipulated. Let’s give em some assault weapons and stir ‘em up real good.

@Sacks 'n' Stuff. Most of that sounded like a rant that belongs in the gun control thread.  So I will ignore that here. The 2nd ammendment statement is true in the sense that is a major reason it's there.  How effective it is in today's world is up for discussion.  Now the comment you quoted was somewhat in jest.    

But only somewhat.  I'm not one who believes there will be another civil war as we know it.  But I also think there we be a large amount of blood spilled before things get better.  

The comment about the most powerful  military always gets a laugh from me.  You are assuming they would all stay on the side of the government.  Not to mention state National Guard people, police agencies, etc.  Who the hell knows if/how it'll play out.

I will say it makes me nervous that IN GENERAL the further Right a person is, the more likely they have a good stock of weapons and ammo, and being more proficient with them.

31 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

1. The 2nd ammendment statement is true in the sense that is a major reason it's there.  How effective it is in today's world is up for discussion.

2. But I also think there we be a large amount of blood spilled before things get better.  

3. The comment about the most powerful  military always gets a laugh from me. You are assuming they would all stay on the side of the government.

4. I will say it makes me nervous that IN GENERAL the further Right a person is, the more likely they have a good stock of weapons and ammo, and being more proficient with them.

1. True

2. Agreed 😕

3. Nah, I assume that no such scenario will occur at all.

4. Yup. The GOP, gun manufacturers, and lobbyists pandering to extremists and conspiracy theorists should set off some alarms.

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

1. True

2. Agreed 😕

3. Nah, I assume that no such scenario will occur at all.

4. Yup. The GOP, gun manufacturers, and lobbyists pandering to extremists and conspiracy theorists should set off some alarms.

Curious that you agree with #2 but not #3. How do you see it playing out then?  (I started a thread about this a while back but don't remember what I called it.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Curious that you agree with #2 but not #3. How do you see it playing out then?  (I started a thread about this a while back but don't remember what I called it.

Isolated incidents of nutters shooting people up. Same thing that happens every time people are radicalized and then become marginalized.

There will never be an armed leftist revolution in this country. Crazy talk. 

The left can (and should) wield its economic strength more effectively. While the political structure of this country is heavily tilted to give rural America an outsized voice, the opposite is true in terms of the market and the economy. 

Sustainable, urban farming (vertical farms for instance), clean meat etc are all ways forward to consolidate more economic strength in cities. More policies at every level of government that reduce transfer of wealth from urban areas to rural areas. Adopt policies that chart a path towards adopting new technologies like autonomous trucks. Fund major transportation projects like the hyperloop that could one day connect distant urban centers directly. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Incoming Georgia secretary of state will continue Kemp’s legacy

As Georgia’s next top elections official, Republican Brad Raffensperger promises to defend broad voter-registration cancellations and strict voting requirements that have fueled accusations of widespread disenfranchisement.  

Raffensperger, the winner of Tuesday’s runoff for Georgia secretary of state, will continue the work of his predecessor, Gov.-elect Brian Kemp. Democrat John Barrow conceded to Raffensperger on Wednesday.

While voter fraud is rare in Georgia, Raffensperger emphasizes election integrity over easy access to voting. He plans to cancel registrations of inactive voters, as Kemp did when more than 1.4 million people were removed from the state’s voting list starting in 2012.

44 ex-senators: 'Democracy and our national security interests are at stake'

Dec. 10 (UPI) -- Forty-four former senators -- 32 Democrats, 10 Republicans and two indendepents -- warned the United States is "entering a dangerous period," and urged the current Senate to defend national interests rather than political ideologies.

"We are on the eve of the conclusion of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III's investigation and the House's commencement of investigations of the president and his administration," the ex-lawmakers wrote in an op-ed published by The Washington Post. "The likely convergence of these two events will occur at a time when simmering regional conflicts and global power confrontations continue to threaten our security, economy and geopolitical stability."

Mueller is investigating Russian election interference and possible collusion between President Donald Trump's campaign and the Kremlin.

"It is a time, like other critical junctures in our history, when our nation must engage at every level with strategic precision and the hand of both the president and the Senate," the op-ed continued. "We are at an inflection point in which the foundational principles of our democracy and our national security interests are at stake, and the rule of law and the ability of our institutions to function freely and independently must be upheld."

Trump, who is not mentioned by name in the opinion piece, frequently has called Mueller's investigation a "witch hunt" and said there was no collusion between his campaign and Russians.

"At other critical moments in our history, when constitutional crises have threatened our foundations, it has been the Senate that has stood in defense of our democracy," the senators wrote. "Today is once again such a time."

The former senators urged the current members of the upper chamber to cast aside party differences.

Click on the link for the full article

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's ironic that the militias and "2nd amendment is there to defend us from tyranny" crowd, seem so ready to embrace said tyranny if it comes in the face of a con man.  All their squawking and rhetoric spewed while Clinton & Obama were in office amounts to little more than partisan vitriol. Oh and likely a lot of racism too. Someone comes along wanting to get rid of all the brown people and all of the a sudden little else matters to them, he's their guy.

These folks are basically Stephen Miller playing dress up, with an AR-15. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Sad 2

38 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:
The GOP is a cancer.

The neo-Nazis just say the quiet stuff out loud that all of the chicken**** GOP voters and pols say behind closed doors.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

It’s almost like TWA doesn’t know what a poll tax is.

It is almost like ya'll don't know fines,fees and restitution are part of a sentence.

there can be no poll tax if you cannot vote yet