Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An assault on American voters is underway

No Excuses

Wisconsin state senate passed the measures. State assembly next. 

Shameful, disgraceful **** as usual for the GOP. A horribly gerrymandered legislature where the GOP lost majority of the votes but kept 2/3rd of the seats, passes legislation that strips powers from democratically elected Governor  and AG to preserve their minority rule. 

Because they can no longer win elections by getting more votes, the GOP is actively transforming our politics by shredding democracy.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

The GOP is a radically anti-democratic party, a trend that started in the scorched earth politics adopted in response to Obama. 

It doesnt stop here either unless a majority of the American population keeps punishing them at the ballot box (while it remains).

Edited by No Excuses

23 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It doesnt stop here either unless a majority of the American population keeps punishing them at the ballot box (while it remains).

Not a snide question but how exactly do you do that when everything is gerrymandered to ****? What is the way forward because the GOP got resoundingly slapped at the ballot box and they still have ways to usurp the will of the voter so what can be done? I was reading somewhere that the Gov could defund the legislature and make it so that they have a 0 salary if laws are enacted that go against the will of the people (my memory might be faulty here but I think that was the gist).  Time to start bringing out some other things in the arsenal because obviously fair play is out the window.   

30 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The GOP is a radically anti-democratic party, a trend that started in the scorched earth politics adopted in response to Obama. 

I dont understand how this is legal. But I assume it is. 

If we cant vote then out, and they control all the power, how does this get resolved? 

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I dont understand how this is legal. But I assume it is. 

This how they worked around this:

Michigan voters were going to have these referendums on the ballot box in November, and they were all expected to pass.

So the GOP legislature went ahead and legislated the policies to prevent voters from backing them at the ballot. Now in the lame duck session, they are repealing the measures.

Comically evil how they operate.

6 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Michigan voters were going to have these referendums on the ballot box in November, and they were all expected to pass.

So the GOP legislature went ahead and legislated the policies to prevent voters from backing them at the ballot. Now in the lame duck session, they are repealing the measures.

Did the measures actually appear on the ballots, and get passed?  

35 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

On the theme of comically evil:

Jesus Christ. They aren't even trying to hide being awful people anymore. This and the **** in Wisconsin goes way beyond a few bad apples taking their ball and going home because they lost a bunch of elections. This is systemic ant-democratic corruption. ****ing amazing that this stuff isn't an immediate national scandal. 

And of course Paul Ryan is silent on this and the stuff in NC. That dude has shown himself more than anyone to be a spineless piece of ****.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Did the measures actually appear on the ballots, and get passed?  

They never appeared on the ballot since the GOP legislature enacted them through legislation rather than referendum.

Anti-democratic nonsense now entering FL, where voters overwhelmingly voted to restore voting rights for felons.

Trump is merely a tumor, albeit a large one, within the metastasis ravaging our democracy.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Some would argue this is why we really have the 2nd amendment.

Bruh I ain’t even ready to think like that. But who can argue you? That’s exactly why it exists. 

3 hours ago, No Excuses said:

The problem here is eduction. This is why I have always said republicans want you to be stupid. So they can do **** like this and people won’t understand it.

• Like 2

I think what we're seeing  is essentially the flailing death rattle of an entity that knows it's dying but is desperately trying to hold on for a little bit longer.

The GOP knows that the American people don't want what they're selling from a policy standpoint. They know that for the most part the country has rejected them on the social wedge issues. They know that any last vestiges of their ability to refocus and adapt were irreparably damaged by their decision to accept the virus that is Trumpism.

What do they now have left? Stack the courts with right wing ideologues, gerrymander to hell and back, try to suppress minority voting as much as possible, and use as many dirty tricks and tactics in legislature as they can to bypass the will of the people.

Oh, and apparently now use straight up vote fraud. 

Pretty disgusting.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think what we're seeing  is essentially the flailing death rattle of an entity that knows it's dying but is desperately trying to hold on for a little bit longer.

The GOP knows that the American people don't want what they're selling from a policy standpoint. They know that for the most part the country has rejected them on the social wedge issues. They know that any last vestiges of their ability to refocus and adapt were irreparably damaged by their decision to accept the virus that is Trumpism.

What do they now have left? Stack the courts with right wing ideologues, gerrymander to hell and back, try to suppress minority voting as much as possible, and use as many dirty tricks and tactics in legislature as they can to bypass the will of the people.

Oh, and apparently now use straight up vote fraud. 

Pretty disgusting.

The reality is the more they try to force things in this direction the harder the pendulum is going to swing the other way. The only place this **** works forever is places where they will kill you for standing up to them. 

And like Buzz alluded too, those places don’t have the ability to ****ing shot the people doing it like we do. 

I think we all know that the likelihood of an armed citizens' rebellion unseating this administration is nil. Many, many, many times more likely scenario is that our irresponsible attitude toward guns & the 2nd amendment leads to some good old fashioned domestic terrorism / mass shootings from nutjob Trump supporters.