Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - NFC East FIRST PLACE Redskins VS dem bois

TK

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Has anybody been out near he stadium?  Is it as windy down there as it is out here in suburban VA?

The Winds are around 15 MPH and will die down to about 7 MPH around 7pm. So I expect a heavy run game on both sides today until the 4th QT. 

This might be an unpopular take, but I honestly don't care about the injuries at this point.  CT and Crowder were both hurt at different times last year, Richardson has a history of missing time with injuries.  If that's what you're going to build your team around, then you better have a good backup plan.

If Dunny was going to miss a week, this is the one, because it's windy, Dak probably isn't going to throw it much, and the Dallas WRs are exactly ... good?

And it's partially Gruden's fault for getting CT killed by going for 2 and calling a pass play over the middle in a blow-out.  It's also partially Alex's fault for getting his best weapon killed by leading him up high and into a devastating hit. So, you reap what you sow.Gruden shouldn't have gone for 2 in that situation, so the blame starts with him. 

Did I completely miss the fact Dunny was questionable for the game?

18 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This might be an unpopular take, but I honestly don't care about the injuries at this point.  CT and Crowder were both hurt at different times last year, Richardson has a history of missing time with injuries.  If that's what you're going to build your team around, then you better have a good backup plan.

If Dunny was going to miss a week, this is the one, because it's windy, Dak probably isn't going to throw it much, and the Dallas WRs are exactly ... good?

And it's partially Gruden's fault for getting CT killed by going for 2 and calling a pass play over the middle in a blow-out.  It's also partially Alex's fault for getting his best weapon killed by leading him up high and into a devastating hit. So, you reap what you sow.Gruden shouldn't have gone for 2 in that situation, so the blame starts with him. 

Did I completely miss the fact Dunny was questionable for the game?

That's a fair point about Dunbar. Going against a mediocre WR corps could be a nice way to get some playing time and game time experience for guys like Alexander.

Just now, PortisBetts said:

When did Dunbar even show up on the injury report? Every time i read a redskins article, another player is added to the injury report.

Guess ill stop reading.

I don't remember it at all.

Though, I used to get injury updates from Tandler on the Redskins Talk Pod, and that clearly didn't happen and isn't going to happen again. Sigh. Now I'm really sad. 

RIP Rich. 

1 minute ago, PortisBetts said:

So....who is playing on offense?

I'm assuming:

LT - Trent

LG - Luavao

C - Roullier

RG - Sherff

RT - Moses

QB - Smith

RB - Peterson

TE: Reed

TE2: Davis

WR: Doctson

WR: Harris

Interesting, Luavao isn't on the inactive list, so I'm assuming he's playing and starting, which bumps Roullier back over to Center.  Though I have no confirmation of that.  Not listening to pre-game.

PS: I know you were being sarcastic, but I decided to answer anyway. :P

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think you got it, but for clarification I had a typo in my post:

Dallas WR's aren't exactly ... good.

Heh, yeah I figured that's what you meant. I'd much prefer to have a guy like Alexander cut his teeth on a "meh" WR than go up against a stud. He'd get exposed at least a few times most likely. Would rather those guys build a bit of confidence. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't remember it at all.

Though, I used to get injury updates from Tandler on the Redskins Talk Pod, and that clearly didn't happen and isn't going to happen again. Sigh. Now I'm really sad. 

RIP Rich. 

Ugh....R.I.P....Tandler being missed just on simple injury reports already. It will be a long time before we have someone as dedicated as him.

38 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Richardson, Crowder, Dunbar, and Thompson are key inactives.

PRich being out is a huge blow in addition to already Crowder. but Dunbar as well makes me really uneasy. so we expect JDoc to act/produce like a WR1 and Moreau to most likely take all the targets opposite Norman? 

I know it's next man up but yeesh. hope the young guys/back-ups (Doct, Harris, Bibbs, Moreau) take on the challenge and make a name in this huge rivalry game.

Just now, PortisBetts said:

Ugh....R.I.P....Tandler being missed just on simple injury reports already. It will be a long time before we have someone as dedicated as him.

There are other really good guys on the beat.  Keim is awesome.  Finley is really good.  There are others.

What always struck me as different about Tandler is that he just seemed more in tune with the way fans thought rather than the (at times) media Group Think that takes place, where everybody really just says teh same thing. 

And he was the right mix of kind and approachable with grumpy old man with a touch of humor which is impossible to replicate. 

2 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

PRich being out is a huge blow in addition to already Crowder. but Dunbar as well makes me really uneasy. so we expect JDoc to act/produce like a WR1 and Moreau to most likely take all the targets opposite Norman? 

I know it's next man up but yeesh. hope the young guys/back-ups (Doct, Harris, Bibbs, Moreau) take on the challenge and make a name in this huge rivalry game.

Is it really that much of a blow though? Alex hardly threw to them anyway.

I'm really hoping that Doctson will get a good number of targets today but I'm guessing that Smith will be throwing to Reed and Davis a ton. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily. Hoping Reed gets plenty of targets...the small number he's been getting when healthy is almost criminal. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There are other really good guys on the beat.  Keim is awesome.  Finley is really good.  There are others.

What always struck me as different about Tandler is that he just seemed more in tune with the way fans thought rather than the (at times) media Group Think that takes place, where everybody really just says teh same thing. 

And he was the right mix of kind and approachable with grumpy old man with a touch of humor which is impossible to replicate. 

Yeah, it is unfair for me to speak of dedication because you are right, there are some great ones also that are just as dedicated. Things like the streak of need to know articles just stand out for me. Something reliable you can count on every day. 

Redskins lost a gem though, and it seems like we are quickly feeling the effects with something as small as a the injury updates....I never thought I would feel as emotional as I do about this loss. You hit the nail on the head with the description of him also. Hopefully they come out today and put something together worthy of Tandlers memory. I would love to look back at the Tandler memorial game being a total and utter destruction of the Cowboys. What better way to memorialize him.

Archived