Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

247Sports: Josh Norman benched during Redskins' blowout loss

brandymac27

Cut him now.  It’s not like we would have a drop off in play and a younger guy would be getting experience for next year.  Not to mention, a last gasp effort by Gruden to turn around the slacker culture of this team.

2 minutes ago, mojo said:

Cut him now.  It’s not like we would have a drop off in play and a younger guy would be getting experience for next year.  Not to mention, a last gasp effort by Gruden to turn around the slacker culture of this team.

Could be wrong but I think we take a big cap hit if we cut him during the season. Probably have to wait until the off season.

11 minutes ago, mojo said:

Well, his replacement immediately gave up a long TD, so not so sure about that.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, his replacement immediately gave up a long TD, so not so sure about that.

Like I said, not a drop off in play.  Norman has has let receivers run by him for long TDS the last 2 weeks.

10 minutes ago, mojo said:

Like I said, not a drop off in play.  Norman has has let receivers run by him for long TDS the last 2 weeks.

That’s a knee jerk reaction, Norman can still play. This is crazy to listen to people say he’s done, You can see on film why he bailed and tried to play the underneath route- he did it earlier and stopped Kamara. Is he worth the money? No. Is he a **** stain washed up corner? No

There's a chance Norman's frustration is with himself, in that he may well know that he simply isn't as good as he once was. He isn't going to win many trash talking spars when the receiver across from him is schooling him on the field at the same time.

Hopefully we see some form of positive reaction today though.

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

That’s a knee jerk reaction, Norman can still play. This is crazy to listen to people say he’s done, You can see on film why he bailed and tried to play the underneath route- he did it earlier and stopped Kamara. Is he worth the money? No. Is he a **** stain washed up corner? No

Is it?  I can’t remember the last time he made a play (the safety against the Colts would have been great but he couldn’t make a tackle),much less a game changing play like an interception.  And the statistics say he’s performing well below average this year.

Until, he proves me wrong, he’s washed up in my book and I’d rather have a young player out there learning on the job.

I just remember the drag route T.Y. Hilton ran during the Colts game in which Norman, in man coverage, was at least 5-6 steps trailing.

Confirms what I (and most) knew about Norman when we first signed him. He doesn't have the footspeed to keep up with elite receivers in the league. And I thought that 3 years ago.

I doubt he got faster at 30.

4 hours ago, mojo said:

Is it?  I can’t remember the last time he made a play (the safety against the Colts would have been great but he couldn’t make a tackle),much less a game changing play like an interception.  And the statistics say he’s performing well below average this year.

Until, he proves me wrong, he’s washed up in my book and I’d rather have a young player out there learning on the job.

Pick and a Ff made a huge impact in this game, tight coverage all day today.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Caption this:

Guess my Volleyball team won this time : )

I'd this one doesn't need a caption, love it.  Best I've seen from Norman in a minute.  We get that one every week, defense has another dimension to it again.

Archived