Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS LAUNCH “#ATTR” ALE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH DEVILS BACKBONE BREWING COMPANY

TK

For Immediate Release

Sept. 14, 2018

WASHINGTON REDSKINS LAUNCH “#ATTR” ALE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH DEVILS BACKBONE BREWING COMPANY

LANDOVER, Md. – The Washington Redskins announced today “#ATTR,” a new ale to be sold at FedExField this season in partnership with Devils Backbone Brewing Company.

#ATTR, a play on Redskins fight song “Hail to the Redskins,” is the first beer in team history brewed just for the Redskins. The beer will be sold at all Devils Backbone stands and in sections 137, 121, 319 and 408 on gamedays.

“We’re excited to partner with Devils Backbone on #ATTR as a way to celebrate 80 years of the Redskins fight song,” said Steve Ziff, Redskins Chief Marketing Officer. “#ATTR allows fans to commemorate with us and become a part of Redskins history with a brand new product at our stadium.”

This season, #ATTR will be available in two different styles with two unique 16 oz. can designs: a burgundy ale and golden ale. Fans will vote online to decide which product they would like to become the official ale moving forward.

#ATTR Burgundy Ale is a hoppy and red wheat ale that is 6.2% ABV and has 40 IBUs. It is brewed with equal parts Pilsner and Red Wheat malts to create a smooth mouth feel, as well as CaraRed and Chocolate malts for roasted flavors and a deep burgundy color. For the powerful hop punch, Devils Backbone brewers selected Amarillo, Mosaic, and Simcoe hops, which blend together to create a flavorful tropical hop presence with very little hop bite.

#ATTR Golden Ale is a light to medium-bodied hoppy ale that is 5.6% ABV and 25 IBUs. Tropical hop additions to the whirlpool during the brewing process allow for a delicate hop flavor. The balance of Citra and Hallertau Blanc hops create wine-like aromas with pops of citrus. The malt bill featuring Maris Otter, Victory, Pilsner, Malted Wheat and CaraHell results in a crisp and bready finish to mellow the hop flavors.

“It’s a heck of a 10th birthday present for us at Devils Backbone to partner with Redskins and celebrate the 80th anniversary of the fight song,” said Hayes Humphreys, Devils Backbone COO. “I’m stoked that we can engage such a dedicated fan base to pick which of these two awesome beers is just right for gameday.”

Fans can vote on their favorite #ATTR Ale online at www.redskins.com/ATTR or socially using #ATTRburgundy or #ATTRgold. Voting is powered by Zoomph and will take place starting on Sept. 16. The results will be announced at the end of the 2018 season.

ATTR.jpeg

Despite the hype machine making absurd claims, like the existence of a waiting list for Redskins ale; stockpiles of unwanted inventory have accumulated in warehouses after most fans determined it was a mediocre overpriced product with a bitter aftertaste blamed on poor management.

Much of the sales of Redskins ale are reportedly going at bargain basement prices to Eagles fans, who like to use it to pour on the heads of mothers of Redskin players, and Steelers fans, who use it as lighter fluid for tailgate grills. Cowboys fans are eagerly awaiting packaging in bottles as a way to molest family members and loosen up sheep.

" #ATTR, ... is the first beer in team history brewed just for the Redskins. "

Is that true?  I remember a beer in the early days of the stadium named after the Redskins and Jack Kent Cooke.  It had an image of his houndstooth hat on it, as I recall.  They only sold it a year or two at the stadium, though. Anybody else remember that?

2 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

That beer sounds good. I will be looking to pick some up. 

I think the burgundy sounds the best, but it is probably prudent to pick up some of both and put it through rigorous testing. 

The beer will be sold at all Devils Backbone stands and in sections 137, 121, 319 and 408 on gamedays.

Agree that the burgundy sounds like the better of the two. I'm hoping that it's available outside of FedEx on game days as well since DB's Outpost location is about an an hour away from me & I go right by Lexington once a week. 

Have loved Devil's Backbone since they first opened. I know one of the head brewers and even though they got bought out by AB, he said they've stayed out of their way. Their Nats brew was just "OK", but my buddy says these should be pretty legit.

3 minutes ago, TK said:

Agree that the burgundy sounds like the better of the two. I'm hoping that it's available outside of FedEx on game days as well since DB's Outpost location is about an an hour away from me & I go right by Lexington once a week. 

If you haven't been recently, they opened a kitchen in the past few weeks. The nachos are enough to feed like eight people...

16 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

" #ATTR, ... is the first beer in team history brewed just for the Redskins. "

Is that true?  I remember a beer in the early days of the stadium named after the Redskins and Jack Kent Cooke.  It had an image of his houndstooth hat on it, as I recall.  They only sold it a year or two at the stadium, though. Anybody else remember that?

There was also Hog Brew from the early 90's.

3-different-washington-redskins-hog-brew

And a few years back Riggo had his own beer line

mmqb-riggins-beer.jpg&w=1600&q=70RiggoPilsner.jpg&w=1484

5 minutes ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

Have loved Devil's Backbone since they first opened. I know one of the head brewers and even though they got bought out by AB, he said they've stayed out of their way. Their Nats brew was just "OK", but my buddy says these should be pretty legit.

If you haven't been recently, they opened a kitchen in the past few weeks. The nachos are enough to feed like eight people...

Actually never stopped in there yet. I got introduced to DB out at The Q one night because their beer selection was limited. And by limited I mean they didn't even have a Sam Adams brew on tap. Still though, it was good stuff even though I had the Devil's Hangover the next day. :ols:

Next time you're down this way, go downtown & check out Jack Browns Joint

Yikes, and will do. Have heard really good things from a friend about it. My one complaint about DB is that they don't have much of a middle ground outside of their core beers. It's either, "Blow your head off with hops!" IPAs or "This beer is as dark as my soul." stouts. Not that it's a bad thing, but sometimes I want a craft... lager.

40 minutes ago, TK said:

I actually hit them up on Facebook and they responded that as of NOW, it's only available AT Fedex Field.  

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

So no chance of me getting a pint of this down my local pub then? That's a damn shame.

I wonder , if you have too many burgundy ales, does it come up the same colour as it went down? ?

They said the same thing about ERA (Earned Run Ale) that they brewed up for the Washington Nationals, and now I see them in random Harris Teeters so who knows what the future holds.  

https://www.facebook.com/devilsbackbonebrewingcompany/

Maybe we can get a social media push to get them to consider selling outside of just Fedex?   Wonder if maybe it's a team thing that they're not letting them sell it elsewhere for the time being?  I'd figure they would want as much exposure as possible? 

Im actually a big fan of Devils Backbone, they are one of the best "grocery store" craft beers around.  I find their stuff consistently good, where if Im going somehwere with picky craft beer fans, I can safely pick up a 6 pack of anything of theirs.

It sounds like its a soft launch.  They are going to release it at Fedex field, see how its received, and if it ends up being very popular by the end of the season, they will do a general release and you'll start to see it in grocery stores.

Archived