Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

1 minute ago, Destino said:

He had no where to go, not if he still wanted to throw it.  Troy said he could step up but his own lineman was in front of him.  I he slid that way he’d have to keep running, definitely couldn’t have slid and set up to throw it.  The Rams got him and hit the back as he went to throw it.  Great play by them.  

If he attempts to step up, at best a batted ball by Brockers.  He’s owning the RG right in front of Cousins.  But just let them party.  It’s their night.  

What’s sad is 69 points in the best TNF game in forever has our old OC, the DC we could have had, on the team that stole our picks and the other team has our QB.

Whats good is the Vikings covered and I started Cousins in fantasy after much deliberation.

Goff looks like a QB that should be paid 85 million guaranteed. He made throws that most QBs can’t dream of (Cousins included). Cousins still has that dear-in-the-headlights look. He comes out for the potential game winning drive with his head down. He’s too cerebral. Thinking, thinking, thinking. You can almost see the gears turning. I give him credit. He’s fooled a lot of people. 

4 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I stand by my previous assessment - the Vikings will regret the money they gave him.

Maybe, its a huge contract, but I don’t think a reasonable fan watches this game and thinks Kirk is why they lost this one.  That was the case last week when he fumbled his way to an embarrassing loss to Buffalo.  Kirk is the reason they were in this game, and his play wasn’t just “great stats.”  He played a great game.

The Vikings gave up more passing touchdowns tonight than the redskins have all season.  So if you want to place blame, maybe start there.

Maybe, its a huge contract, but I don’t think a reasonable fan watches this game and thinks Kirk is why they lost this one.  That was the case last week when he fumbled his way to an embarrassing loss to Buffalo.  Kirk is the reason they were in this game, and his play wasn’t just “great stats.”  He played a great game.

The Vikings gave up more passing touchdowns tonight than the redskins have all season.  So if you want to place blame, maybe start there.

I don't think anyone thinks Cousins isn't a good QB, both defenses definitely sucked for that whole game. His issue has always been turnovers and lots of the time in situations like tonight. He fumbled 36 times in the last 3 years for the Redskins, starting off the same way for the Vikings. He at least fell on a few more for us.

Maybe, its a huge contract, but I don’t think a reasonable fan watches this game and thinks Kirk is why we lost this one.  That was the case last week when he fumbled his way to an embarrassing loss to Buffalo.  Kirk is the reason they were in this game, and his p,as wasn’t just great stats.  He played a great game.  

You may be right.  In all honesty, I became a Kirk anti-fan (after being a huge supporter for 3 years), and I just felt like he was being so disingenuous all of last year.  He lost me as a fan.

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

Folks being hard on Cousins. He’s a very good player. Definitely thinks too much. 

By contrast, Goff is so smooth and confident. And 7 years younger. 

Goff also has the QB whisperer in McVay.  It’s some Redskins ass **** that we would have boy wonder at OC at a time when we can’t really fire the HC we have to promote him.  I’m down on the FO for a lot but even I don’t see how they ever would have canned Jay and bumped McVay.

14 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I don't think anyone thinks Cousins isn't a good QB, both defenses definitely sucked for that whole game. His issue has always been turnovers and lots of the time in situations like tonight. He fumbled 36 times in the last 3 years for the Redskins, starting off the same way for the Vikings. He at least fell on a few more for us.

Rams defense didn’t suck the whole game.  They were bad but did some things that were good.  They stopped the Vikings running game completely, held the Vikings to several field goals, and their pass rush sealed the win.  

The Rams offense hit touchdowns from 8, 70, 19, 47, and 31 yard passing plays.  Averaged 5 yards per carry.  They only punted twice and missed a field goal.  The Vikings defense didn’t really do anything we can point to as positive.  

Kirk definitely has a fumbling issue.  He proved that is still a problem against Buffalo.  Clock management is still screwy too.

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Rams defense didn’t suck the whole game.  They were bad but did some things that were good.  They stopped the Vikings running game completely, held the Vikings to several field goals, and their pass rush sealed the win.  

The Rams offense hit touchdowns from 8, 70, 19, 47, and 31 yard passing plays.  Averaged 5 yards per carry.  They only punted twice and missed a field goal.  The Vikings defense didn’t really do anything we can point to as positive.  

Kirk definitely has a fumbling issue.  He proved that is still a problem against Buffalo.  Clock management is still screwy too.

Outside if a couple occasions I thought the Rams D was bad and didn't get pressure until the end. Not as bad as the Vikings, but if they don't improve they will struggle in the playoffs. Not many punts in this game.

Man, the end of the half clock management by Kirk was bad, serious flashbacks.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Rams hit 3 of those touchdowns by setting up severe mismatches with Gurley and their fast receivers on a LB.

Goff made big boy throws, no doubt.  But the Rams make the big play look easy. It doesn’t hurt that it feels like every time they run it goes for 10 yards.  It’s just pick your poison as a defense.

The Rams on offense are devestating. Rest of the league hopes the defense stays how it is.

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

Nothing against Kirk but I was rooting for the Rams to win. Got to root for McVey. He is missed. I am glad he is having a great year this year though. 

We’ve had McVey and the younger Shanahan.  Probably the best offensive minds in the game.  The universe is cruel.  

24 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Goff also has the QB whisperer in McVay.  It’s some Redskins ass **** that we would have boy wonder at OC at a time when we can’t really fire the HC we have to promote him.  I’m down on the FO for a lot but even I don’t see how they ever would have canned Jay and bumped McVay.

“You sunk the entire team by hiring the DC with the worst resume of all time.  And it didn’t work. You lost a “win-and-in game at home in embarrassing fashion.  You finished the season with a talented team 2-4, with 4 bad losses. You made a terrible game decision in Detroit to cost us that game. Thank you.  Bye bye.”

A good coach who knows better than to hire Barry gets that 2016 team to 12 wins, even with “meh” talent on defense. They won 8 games, lost 5 winnable games, and tied a game they should have won. 

The “back to back” winning seasons  thing was a joke.  

There’s your case.  And it’s a good one.  

8 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

The Rams on offense are devestating. Rest of the league hopes the defense stays how it is.

The defense really isn’t that bad overall.    With that Dline they will always be fine.  They force offenses to have to let it go quick and as the game wears on they can dominate, as happened tonight.  The rest of the league wants no part of a shootout with Donald and Suh pinning their ears back. 

Archived