Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

13 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Pretty sure they had the lead after the no-call. 23-20.

The Saints lost the game. Anything else is a cop-out. 

This is a baffling take.

Yes is it was 23-20. But they were getting the ball back with like 2 min left, and whatever TOs they had left. Plenty of time.

They make that obvious call, NO has the ball in the red zone 1 & 10. They can force LA to use all their TOs and have a chance at a game sealing TD. Even still getting just a FG they'd have no TOs and have the clock working against them.

They were robbed to the highest level.

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

Sean Payton at his press conference said that the NFL front office immediately called him after the game was over to apologize for the non-call and told him that PI should've been called there.

Fat lot of good that does the Saints now. :)

He had the coin toss and a makeup pi call

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

This is a baffling take.

Yes is it was 23-20. But they were getting the ball back with like 2 min left, and whatever TOs they had left. Plenty of time.

They make that obvious call, NO has the ball in the red zone 1 & 10. They can force LA to use all their TOs and have a chance at a game sealing TD.

I watched the game; you don't need to recap the situation. 

I'm baffled that everyone, including Payton himself, is willing to roll over and die in that scenario. I didn't realize it was game over with the lead and a minute and change! Goodell would be proud. 

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

This is a baffling take.

They make that obvious call, NO has the ball in the red zone 1 & 10. They can force LA to use all their TOs and have a chance at a game sealing TD.

People always go with arguments like that which essentially makes the case that as long as its a close game, the refs can do whatever they want, as bad as it is, as much as it screws one team out of victory, and it really doesn't matter Because you can always point to something. team could have done better in a close game. 

1 minute ago, Gibbit said:

He had the coin toss and a makeup pi call

Yes, but all of that wouldn't been necessary or would've happened if the right call had been made.

Rams are going to the Super Bowl, but the Saints were still royally screwed there.

4 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Yes, but all of that wouldn't been necessary or would've happened if the right call had been made.

Rams are going to the Super Bowl, but the Saints were still royally screwed there.

Yeah but I say if the correct calls were always made, Skins would win every game

i dont like the saints and was pulling for rams just for mcvay, so I don’t care about the bad no call, yeah it was definitely a penalty though. Still in the end, Brees ****ed up

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

People always go with arguments like that which essentially makes the case that as long as its a close game, the refs can do whatever they want, as bad as it is, as much as it screws one team out of victory, and it really doesn't matter Because you can always point to something. team could have done better in a close game. 

The refs should be fined for missing that call. Their incompetence significantly impacted the result of the game, directly or indirectly. 

But it's irresponsible of Payton to go on television and say the game was lost at that point. "It's hard to lose a game that way." I understand he's emotional, but he needs to also hold himself and his team accountable for every second afterward. 

I don't think that's an unfair take at all.

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I watched the game; you don't need to recap the situation. 

I'm baffled that everyone, including Payton himself, is willing to roll over and die in that scenario. I didn't realize it was game over with the lead and a minute and change! Goodell would be proud. 

NO had the opportunity to run out the clock and never give LA the ball back! That opportunity was stolen from them.

You're irrational hate for Sean Payton is blinding you of that.

2 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

NO had the opportunity to run out the clock and never give LA the ball back! That opportunity was stolen from them.

You're irrational hate for Sean Payton is blinding you of that.

If Goff would had led his receiver with a better pass that got them into fg territory to tie the game up, he wouldn't have fell and rolled for extra yards.  He would have scored because there were no defenders in between him and the endzone.

Saints wouldn't have even worried about overtime.  The team that will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl earned their way to Atlanta.

Archived