Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Redskins at Ravens

SkinsGuy

Just now, dav87sc said:

So, that would have been a great place for Jay to practice clock management and allow the O to work on the 2 minute drill.

Instead, he lets 30 seconds to run off before Balt. calls a timeout.  Why not take the opportunity to practice those special phases?

What for?

What would be the point? Most of these guys will be off the team tomorrow.

No reason to practice anything with them.

4 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Are you his agent?  Campaigning for such mediocrity.  My gosh.  The guy is average.

4 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Should have had more.  Maybe you need to take off your blinders.  He squanders the lines hard play.  Are you related to Jay Gruden??

average NFL player is a better NFL player than the people on this board.  Newsflash fellas, average and bad aren't synonyms, our lines run blocking does not remind people of the Hogs, and demanding greatness is obnoxious

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lol. Do people call JAY (he’s the coach for our redskins, ya know) the wrong name just to be rude, or do people really not know the difference between Jay (our coach) and Jon (raiders coach)? 

Its really not that hard. 

I'm at work and drinking :ols:

9 minutes ago, dyst said:

We’re really gonna stick with Hopkins huh.

The dude was 5/5 just a couple weeks ago. I doubt 1 missed FG (maybe the only miss of preseason, unless I’m forgetting one other) will cost him his job. 

Plus, how could anyone forget that 92-yarder he had?? Don’t be so hard on the man :) 

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The question is, are you working with a couple of drinks on the side, or are you drinking and getting little work done? :)

I think he works in a bar or restaurant lol, probably a nice mix

3 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

What for?

What would be the point? Most of these guys will be off the team tomorrow.

No reason to practice anything with them.

I just see lost opportunity to impress that every part of the game is important - and one we have not been successful with very often in the last what? decade?  Even if those players aren't on the team 2 days from now, the point is made.

Maybe I am just being naive. 

I said this in the other thread, but my top 3 RBs are Peterson, Thompson and Bibbs. If we keep 4, I'm leaning towards Kelley because he doesn't fumble like Perine. Otherwise I wouldn't mind putting in that guy D. Smith. But I'm not confident in Perine at this point. Would rather bring somebody in

1 minute ago, dav87sc said:

I just see lost opportunity to impress that every part of the game is important - and one we have not been successful with very often in the last what? decade?  Even if those players aren't on the team 2 days from now, the point is made.

Maybe I am just being naive. 

I get what you are saying, but it seems kinda pointless to fuss over a bunch of scrubs not getting reps.

1 minute ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I'm just listening on the radio at this point but did I just hear cooley say Perine fumbled? Dude... I can't remember the last game he played where the ball didn't pop out, wow. 

Yes he fumbled.

Bad one, too.

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

I said this in the other thread, but my top 3 RBs are Peterson, Thompson and Bibbs. If we keep 4, I'm leaning towards Kelley because he doesn't fumble like Perine. Otherwise I wouldn't mind putting in that guy D. Smith. But I'm not confident in Perine at this point. Would rather bring somebody in

Yep, it's amazing how one game can destroy my whole argument for Perine over Kelly, but that's literally what just happened.

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

I get what you are saying, but it seems kinda pointless to fuss over a bunch of scrubs not getting reps.

I get it.  Really, it's more that I want to know Jay has  gotten a handle on time management and the importance of the first and last 2 minutes of each half.  For me, it's not about the scrubs.

Just now, XxSpearheadxX said:

I'm just listening on the radio at this point but did I just hear cooley say Perine fumbled? Dude... I can't remember the last game he played where the ball didn't pop out, wow. 

he fumbled twice last year and led the team in carries... 

I didn't want to admit it but this is a concern... but he doesnt fumble every game.  

Archived