Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

Darrell Henderson ran for 210 yards and 3 TDs today.  Lord have mercy.

Meanwhile Damien Harris only gets 9 carries and 50 yards.

It'll be interesting to see how this RB class shakes out.  I like Montgomery the best, but Henderson has made a pretty strong case for being the first back taken in the class.

I'd just like to say that we should have moved up for Josh Rosen last year. And, we should have taken Maurice Hurst. And neither of those is hindsight. Also, as about a million of us said at the time, we could have had Derwin James and Hankins, and as it turns out, we could have had Derwin James and Snacks Harrison.

We have to somehow fix the QB position. What are the thoughts of the board on Dwayne Haskins? I've watched almost no college FB this year due to my work schedule. 

Looking across the league and at mock drafts there are very few teams who need QB's...the Giants are one and there's one other team, Jacksonville...basically it's a good year to grab a QB in the 1st round. We should take advantage of this if there's someone we like.

2 hours ago, SkinsFootball said:

Would add to the intrigue if he can win this one and the championship this year. What are your thoughts on Ridley at Wr..and those two backs?

I've talked a little about Ridley recently.  I like him.  Noticed him the first time in last year's championship.  Good hands like his brother.  Big catch radius.   The rap I noticed on him is he might not have the speed and wiggle to be a YAC guy in the NFL, if so the combine is big for him.  But when I've watched Georgia he just about always has an acrobatic catch or two -- ditto today.

As for 2 backs you mean from Alabama?  Harris-Jacobs?

13 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Looking across the league and at mock drafts there are very few teams who need QB's...the Giants are one and there's one other team, Jacksonville...basically it's a good year to grab a QB in the 1st round. We should take advantage of this if there's someone we like.

Seems like most draft geeks think Herbert stays in school.  So I guess then its Haskins, Lock, Jones, Grier.  Some seem to also like Rypien, Thorson, Finley.  I haven't paid a lot of attention. I've watched within that group Haskins and Grier the most.   I don't think I have a favorite in that group but also haven't paid a ton of attention.  Haskins has a good arm, raw though.  I have fun watching Grier but I know these Big 12 QBs are typically fools gold.

I love Tua (aside from today's game) and Fromm but alas they aren't out this year.   

Watching Rypien for the first time right now, the dude looks like Colt to me frame wise where he can be snapped in two with a good hit.

9 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

I love Lock and Haskins. 

Haskins seems to have the tools.  The more I think about it, I think they are going to be itching to go QB and do it early.  I haven't watched Lock much, I read somewhere that personality wise he's quiet/aloof not a leader type.  If so, its not the be all and end all but it got my attention that his personality was highlighted of all things as a question.

14 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I'd just like to say that we should have moved up for Josh Rosen last year. And, we should have taken Maurice Hurst. And neither of those is hindsight. Also, as about a million of us said at the time, we could have had Derwin James and Hankins, and as it turns out, we could have had Derwin James and Snacks Harrison.

We have to somehow fix the QB position. What are the thoughts of the board on Dwayne Haskins? I've watched almost no college FB this year due to my work schedule. the 

Can't speak for the rest of the board but I'd go all out for Haskins.

One of the best pure passers I've seen on the college level.

8 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Can't speak for the rest of the board but I'd go all out for Haskins.

One of the best pure passers I've seen on the college level.

I haven't dived into the QBs in a big way but on first blush I agree, Haskins looks like the best QB in this draft -- assuming he comes out and Herbert doesn't. 

He went to high school in Potomac, Maryland, seems like a good kid, well spoken.  I liked what I've seen when I've watched him -- he's put up monster numbers this year.  I need to dive into more. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't dived into the QBs in a big way but on first blush I agree, Haskins looks like the best QB in this draft -- assuming he comes out and Herbert doesn't. 

He went to high school in Potomac, Maryland, seems like a good kid, well spoken.  I need to dive into more. 

Yep. I saw him play in HS and the talent was obvious.

Just now, Long n Left said:

Not saying Haskins isn’t a talent, and I think he’s got the tools to be a very good QB in the NFL, but Lawrence is a generational talent, IMO.

I actually think they're both generational talents.

I'm just focused on Haskins because he'll be available (more than likely) in this draft.

11 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Not saying Haskins isn’t a talent, and I think he’s got the tools to be a very good QB in the NFL, but Lawrence is a generational talent, IMO.

Love Lawrence, thought he's on pace for 2020 draft (didn't realize intitally he was a true freshman) but someone here informed me he's likely coming out in 2021? The hype about him rivals Andrew Luck.

Can we draft greedy Williams? Only for the reason that whenever he gets an INT, i want to say “that’s so greedy” in the gameday thread :P 

kinda like how i wanted Us to draft HHCD so we can all say “ha ha!!” When he gets an INT :D (still waiting on his first as a redskins player though....tonight maybe??)

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love Lawrence, thought he's on pace for 2020 draft (didn't realize intitally he was a true freshman) but someone here informed me he's likely coming out in 2021? The hype about him rivals Andrew Luck.

FAR better than Luck at this stage. The only guy in relative recent memory that comes close is Peyton, and with Lawrence’s athleticism, I’d say his ceiling is even higher. Start hoarding 2021 draft picks, build the rest of the team, then get Lawrence. The future would be so bright😎

Archived