Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

7 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I think he has to.  He has to be sure he has the votes, and there's too much uncertainty.

That's what I wanna know.  If they investigate Ford's accusation, but not anyone else's, then where are we?

Flake used the term "allegations" in the plural, if I'm not mistaken.  We'll see if that holds up, though. I am sure that neither McConnell nor any other GOP leader wants Michael Avenetti and his client within 500 miles of this process.

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Let's have Brent Kavanaugh take a lie detector test.  In 2016 a Federal judge ruled that lie detectors serve a legitimate purpose for hiring and for law enforcement.

That judge who made that statement was [checks notes] Brett Kavanaugh.

Of course, nobody in the hearing knew that yesterday.  But kavanaugh knew, which is why he was specific in saying "federal investigations". He's a smart guy.  

Edited by justice98

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Flake used the term "allegations" in the plural, if I'm not mistaken.  We'll see if that holds up, though. I am sure that neither McConnell nor any other GOP leader wants Michael Avenetti and his client within 500 miles of this process.

Glad you noticed that, cuz I did too.  But I'm curious what officially was in the motion.  Because Coons said, "all allegations before the committee".  Only Ford's allegation is before the committee.  Unless I'm taking "before the committee" too literal.  

1 minute ago, drowland said:

Limited in scope meaning they're only investigating Ford's accusations and not the other women's?

Something Seth Abramson was saying on twitter is that the FBI doesn't really take direction on how limited vs. not limited their scope is on background checks.  That is, they cannot be instructed to only look in on Ford's accusation and not on Ramirez's or Swetnick's.  If they have tips, they will follow them until they cease to be credible.

Now, I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate but it sounds interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B&G said:

Dan T.  You need to correct yourself.  I never said anything about Senator Blumenthal.  But since you brought him up, I will say that it is very ironic to hear Blumenthal question someone’s integrity.  Remember he claimed to have served in the military in Vietnam but never did and got caught.

I say you did. You say you didn't.  So it's a he said-he said. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Tell you what.  I'll give you a week to conduct an investigation by searching back through the thread to figure out who it was that mentioned him.  I would do it but it would be too soul-sucking for me to relive these last couple of days.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Color me both surprised and a bit more hopeful. I still feel like America is in the intensive care ward, but at the very least the decision to remove the breathing tube was put on hold.

Thank you Senators Flake and Murkowski.

I know I sound overdramatic and I feel that way, but the obvious issues of perjury, the many disqualifying revelations in terms of temperament and behavior have just worn me down 

5 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I say you did. You say you didn't.  So it's a he said-he said. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Tell you what.  I'll give you a week to conduct an investigation by searching back through the thread to figure out who it was that mentioned him.  I would do it but it would be too soul-sucking for me to relive these last couple of days.

FBI!  OPEN UP!

*crashes in through ceiling*

It was bobandweave.

See how fast we work?  And Brett totally did it.  Total time, 76 seconds.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Color me both surprised and a bit more hopeful. I still feel like America is in the intensive care ward, but at the very least the decision to remove the breathing tube was put on hold.

Thank you Senators Flake and Murkowski.

Can we please have a female doctor? 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, visionary said:

If this is true then it will possibly be a sham unless the FBI is allowed to investigate more than they did before. I have a hunch that the DoJ will direct them to open the investigation but make sure there's fine print making the allowed scope very restrictive. 

16 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

FBI!  OPEN UP!

*crashes in through ceiling*

It was bobandweave.

See how fast we work?  And Brett totally did it.  Total time, 76 seconds.

Say what about who? What's the question? 

I probably did whatever I am charged with. I have crs = can't remember **** so help a brother out and tell me what I did wrong :D

Edited by bobandweave

12 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

The McConnell fable that guy was looking for is the Scorpion and the Turtle except the turtle is the bad guy now. 

Or to paraphrase Trump, 'you knew he was a snapping turtle before you tried to pet him'

Edited by visionary