Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Trey Quinn WR SMU

Wildbunny

49 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Seriously? That'll be awesome. Lol

Yea, don't know the whole story behind it.

But it had something to do with them both going to LSU, and somebody must have thought he was a newer, miniature version of Beckham at LSU. But for all I know, it could have been started as something half-serious.
A couple of the references...

https://sportdfw.com/2018/04/11/dallas-cowboys-7-round-mock-draft-4/9/

"Trey Quinn (AKA Baby Beckham) is one of the fiercest slot receivers in the draft."

21 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Man, that is a tight route.  This kid is going to be hard to keep of the roster.  Hail

Our WR battle going to fun to watch, the other guys with potential are going to have to bring it to keep him off. ST's contributor to boot. Easy to see him making it, if he plays well.

Will Trey Quinn really be the 'most relevant irrelevant ever?'

Adam Grosbard: I'd have to know the history of other Mr. Irrelevants to really answer that question, but I think Quinn at No. 258 is a massive steal for Washington. He's a really good receiver and will likely make more than a few teams regret passing on him.

Of SMU's NFL draftees/signees, which one do you think will have the best rookie year other than Sutton?

Adam Grosbard: Probably Trey Quinn. Despite being "Mr. Irrelevant", he landed in a very good situation in Washington that has several young, unproven wide receivers. If Quinn comes in and takes care of business the way he did at SMU, he will earn some early snaps that could evolve into a bigger role.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/05/02/mr-irrelevant-not-fast-smus-trey-quinn-could-massive-steal-washington-redskins

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's pretty exciting. Hell, I'd say the #1 WR job is open right now. 

Let's not get too carried away :)

That said, I believe Adam Thielen was an UDFA (which is close to what Quinn is, essentially) and he led the Vikings in receptions and receiving yards. I'd definitely take that kind of production.

1 hour ago, bird_1972 said:

That said, I believe Adam Thielen was an UDFA (which is close to what Quinn is, essentially) and he led the Vikings in receptions and receiving yards. I'd definitely take that kind of production.

I'm slightly kidding. 

3 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm slightly kidding. 

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

If he's such a steal, why did he fall to the last pick? What were the big knocks on him?

Question marks around:

1) Only 1 year of good college production

2) While getting more targets, defenses were paying more attention to a different receiver (Courtland Sutton, drafted in the 2nd round)

That's so far all I can find.

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

If he's such a steal, why did he fall to the last pick? What were the big knocks on him?

Just one year of real production

Played opposite one of the better WR in the draft

Did not play against a lot of elite DBs

More a slot guy

Is not a guy that will keep DCs up at night

No "wow", just looks solid

31 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

More a slot guy

Sounds a fair amount like Ryan Grant

35 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

LOL

1 hour ago, Darth Tater said:

More a slot guy

35 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

1 hour ago, bird_1972 said:

He could also be Crowder 2.0 combined with the bigger body of Ryan Grant.  In any case, as a round 5 pick, Ryan Grant's career here should be beyond expectations. If Quinn becomes a solid 4 and good ST guy, I'd say he was above legitimate expectations. Given such low expectations, if he can be  what Crowder was to the offense in 2015 and 2016 and contribute to teams, he'd be a steal.  Now, it would be great to have him turn in to a WR version of Alfred Morris.

Archived