Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ES Heavy Metal Thread

JCB

On 4/12/2018 at 10:30 AM, Mongo2365 said:

I LOVE Sevendust. One of the most underrated bands in rock I think. I've seen them about 8 times and they never disappoint. They are gonna be here in 10 days and I'll be up front for them.

Sevendust is my all-time favorite band. Some of the most down to Earth guys you could ever meet too. Their new album was released today and it's carried me through. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Seems Sirius XM was playing alot of Pantera yesterday...I heard Cemetery Gates like 3 times on 2 different stations.

Edit: some sources say massive heart attack in his sleep...officially still no cause of death.

Edited by Xameil

30 minutes ago, EBoz said:

Have any of you guys or gals seen Mastodon? They are playing locally and I am debating whether I should go or not. Primus will be there too. Opinions are appreciated. 

I think they played on the main stage at Mayhem Festival back some ages ago, but I was at one of the side stages when they performed and missed it :/

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

I think they played on the main stage at Mayhem Festival back some ages ago, but I was at one of the side stages when they performed and missed it :/

Thanks. I’ve heard their stuff but never live. As you know, some bands sound WAY different live versus a recording. 

45 minutes ago, EBoz said:

Have any of you guys or gals seen Mastodon? They are playing locally and I am debating whether I should go or not. Primus will be there too. Opinions are appreciated. 

Oh man, those guys would be cool to see.  They've been around for awhile now, I think they have to be good live in order to have this amount of staying power.  I think metal and hard rock relies more on live performances and cultivating a fan base on the road.  I hope you go, I'd be curious to hear your review.

1 hour ago, EBoz said:

I like Mastodon much better live than their albums.  Really fun old school Metal band!

I’m over Primus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2018/03/28/music-concert-gigs-nine-years/

Attending a Concert Every 2 Weeks Will Add 9 Years to Your Life, Study Finds

Attending music gigs is one way to relieve stress and be social.  It may also be a great way to add years to your life.  Which is great news to most of the people reading this article.

O2 and Goldsmith University Associate Lecturer Patrick Fagan published the unexpected results.  Fagan specializes in behavioral science, and headed into the study understanding the positive impact of communal arts experiences.   What the data started showing, however, was pretty shocking.

According to the study, experiencing a gig for just 20 minutes can result in a 21% increase in feelings of well-being. Furthermore, the research found a direct link between “high levels of well-being and a lifespan increase of nine years” or more.

I told my wife I'm now doing this for my long term health.

She's not amused.

6 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2018/03/28/music-concert-gigs-nine-years/

Attending a Concert Every 2 Weeks Will Add 9 Years to Your Life, Study Finds

Attending music gigs is one way to relieve stress and be social.  It may also be a great way to add years to your life.  Which is great news to most of the people reading this article.

O2 and Goldsmith University Associate Lecturer Patrick Fagan published the unexpected results.  Fagan specializes in behavioral science, and headed into the study understanding the positive impact of communal arts experiences.   What the data started showing, however, was pretty shocking.

According to the study, experiencing a gig for just 20 minutes can result in a 21% increase in feelings of well-being. Furthermore, the research found a direct link between “high levels of well-being and a lifespan increase of nine years” or more.

I told my wife I'm now doing this for my long term health.

She's not amused.

That's how I'm still around!!!

Yeah, my husband isn't exactly thrilled that I'm probably gonna throw down at Slayer next week, but it's not like I have a choice. ???

It was written, it shall be done.