Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vaya Con Dios, Manny! The plight of the 2018 Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

13 hours ago, Hersh said:

I'm telling you, since the Caps won it all, this is my athletic (and Jedi) universe coming back into balance. Winning championship is the Light, worst team in MLB history is the Dark. 

Embrace the balance and don't worry about the results 

But what about those of us who don’t give a flying flip about hockey?  I may live in MN but I grew up in MD and never got into hockey at all.  Will the Os being abysmal make the Skins good for me?   One can only hope.

1 hour ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

But what about those of us who don’t give a flying flip about hockey?  I may live in MN but I grew up in MD and never got into hockey at all.  Will the Os being abysmal make the Skins good for me?   One can only hope.

It’s a sign for you to get into hockey cause it’s awesome ?

Why, why, why do they bat Davis so high in the order?  Manny doubles so they pitch around Trumbo and Davis watches strike three to end the inning.   How many times do they need to see that happen?  So frustrating.

and the Twinkies put an 8-spot on the board.  It will take us four games to score 8.

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Mancini and Schoop have been the two biggest disappointments this year. It's amazing how bad our hitters have been.

Cobb has been a tremendous disappointment, too.  I expected Mancini to regress a little, but not this much.  Schoop better be thanking Davis for taking up a gigantic amount of focus cause he'd be #1 disappointment this year if it weren't for Davis.  Schoop is terrible. 

If anyone starts in on Cobb missing spring training, just stop.  Stop right there.  He's had more than enough time to get settled in.

Cobb has been horrible. I was happy to give him a month but that was it. 

I really wish wish they would fire the hitting instructor. You can’t have this many guys struggle and not have some accountability as the guy in charge of hitting. Throw in Sisco regressing as a hitter since coming up. I really want Mullins up for the double header but I almost don’t want Coolbaugh messing him up. 

The amount of teams having made offers and some of the prospects being talked about by reports makes me hopeful. It's great to see the Yankees involved cause they could certainly motivate a team like Houston to make more of a play for Britton. The only current downside is that I'm skeptical of the O's landing a left side infielder unless it's the Yanks and they intend to offer Andujar as part of a package. With the Brewers it's an OF prospect plus a couple pitchers. With the Dodgers, it's potentially a catcher plus a couple pitchers. While maybe not ideal, I'd be good with any of those deals. 

Was at the games today. It’s always great to be at Camden Yards. Even to see this team that just plays terrible 5 out of the 6 games every week, there is nothing like being at Camden Yards. 

I could go go over all the negatives and blah, blah, blah, but we all know it and know where this team stands. But I did hear a Yankees fan between games lamenting how the Orioles have only won 25 games this year, but 4 of them are against the Yankees. That right there made my day after having to listen to every Yankees fan talk about how they were going to sign every big name player. The arrogance of their fans is just insufferable. So any one thing against them, even a win in a meaningless July game, makes me smile every time.

Britton has looked better these last 2 games. His fastball is sinking and he's around the strike zone more so he has batters waving at more pitches. He's still not that dominant guy from the past 2 years, but he's starting to regain it a bit. 

Also, I concur with the beating the Yankees sentiment. Even more so when they realize they are losing to the worst team in baseball. In fact the guy I went to the games with this weekend said tonight on the way back "It's the 3rd inning so they Yankees should be up 4-0". I can imagine his reaction as he saw the rest of the game unfold and I just laugh thinking about it. 

Competitive game last night. Good to see. Cashner was looking good before a 3 run homer. Velocity was up. Brach's velocity was up 2 games ago. Givens fastball seemed to dance a good bit. Britton is starting to get there.

I say trade em all. Brach, Britton, Givens, Machado. If only Schoop wasnt having a bad year but he is coming on. 

Os said to demand Yanks no. 2 prospect lefty Sheffield in any trade. 

https://nesn.com/2018/07/mlb-rumors-orioles-willing-to-trade-manny-machado-to-yankees-under-this-condition/

I'm wondering if packaging some of these guys with Machado would be a good idea.   Like say Machado + Britton + Jones, rather than doling them out separately.    Of course the better teams generally are only going to have one or two holes they need to fill, so maybe not. 

36 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I'm wondering if packaging some of these guys with Machado would be a good idea.   Like say Machado + Britton + Jones, rather than doling them out separately.    Of course the better teams generally are only going to have one or two holes they need to fill, so maybe not. 

I think there are opportunities for that, but you're right, the partner would have to be a good fit. 

As long as by 8/1 guys like Machado, Jones, Britton, and Brach are playing elsewhere I'll just hope that they maximized return on the trades. 

Take it for what it's worth - same guy who broke the Stanton-to-Yankees news, so there's SOME credibility there:

I would say more likely than not the Yankees are landing Machado. I don’t know if it’s today but MY GUY has told me it’s close. Don’t know package

Better summary of my above post: 

https://www.barstoolsports.com/newyork/the-latest-about-a-potential-manny-machado-trade-to-the-yankees/?_branch_match_id=472517365651669956

I’m not here to brag about being right in the past or in the future. I could care less about that. I don’t care about getting credit for the Machado trade if it happens, nor should I. I’m just here to say this guy who is telling me the Machado deal is close to done is not joking around. When he messages me, something is happening.

Archived