Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

9 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

While I tend to agree, she seems to have a special quality about her.

She's an authentic leader.

It's past time for Millennials to start running for and winning congress seats.  I think she's going to be a leader of the generation of Millennial congressmen.

It used to be the Christian Left - they were largely responsible for putting Carter in power.  Then he started to roll back tax exempt status for businesses run by religious institutions, and lo and behold, the "Moral Majority"/Christian right was formed and got behind tax cutting Ronald Reagan.  Hmmmm.....

18 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Here is the corresponding (longer) article to this tweet.  http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/17816/

The upshot, with the bold text added by the article (not me), is:  

Conclusion

We’re not moving off our long-held belief that House control is something of a 50-50 Toss-up, but our seat-by-seat handicapping is only getting better for Democrats.

Today’s seven ratings changes are all toward the Democrats, and the overall ratings now show 208 seats at least leaning to the Republicans, 199 at least leaning to the Democrats, and 28 Toss-ups. To win the House under the current ratings, Democrats would have to win two-thirds of the Toss-ups. In the event of a good Democratic environment in the fall, that would not be unreasonable to expect.

12 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

http://www.walkerforhouse48.com/

Walker's website. Very professional. Part of his populist platform is ending "fascist auto and moped insurance." Finally someone is listening to the people! 

He's also an anti-vaxxer.  Personally, I won't vote for him simply because of his inconsistent capitalization.  Look at this ****ing mess:

Initiate Homestead Exemption
Stop Police Murders of civilians
Stop No-Knock Searches
End Compulsory Fascist Auto and Moped Insurance
End lifetime Felony sentences, create automatic expungement
End rigged for conviction Criminal trials
Allow convicted felons to serve on juries
End the Economic Development fraud
End compulsory vaccinations 
Restrain government annexations
Make English the official State language  

16 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

He's also an anti-vaxxer.  Personally, I won't vote for him simply because of his inconsistent capitalization.  Look at this ****ing mess:

I think these people are Just Dumb, but I've seen arguments that it's a rhetorical technique used by snake oil salesmen. But when you're reading conspiracy bull**** all day and they're all using this style it sticks with you - I'm Not Buying the 4D chess angle here. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/05/23/trumps-bizarre-understanding-of-capitalization-is-surprisingly-strategic/?utm_term=.75b74306f941

4 hours ago, visionary said:

Gotta admit I wasn't expecting much from Scott when he won the Governorship but he turned out to be a highly successful Governor (more than even Jeb Bush was) which gives him the opportunity to possibly defeat the relatively popular incumbent Nelson. 

Archived