Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

36 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

So glad to see the Dem's avoiding lock-out in the CA primaries and to also see rumblings of GOP discontent in Missouri. Bodes well for November.

I thought the chances of it in Cali were a little overblown by the media stories to be honest. Not sure what to think of Gavin Newsom as the next Governor (it's a 100% lock).

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I thought the chances of it in Cali were a little overblown by the media stories to be honest. Not sure what to think of Gavin Newsom as the next Governor (it's a 100% lock).

I like Newsom as someone who was ahead of the progressive curve on social issues, and he comes off like a fighter for what he believes in.  His past indiscretions in his personal life are a bit troublesome considering I am sure the GOP will look to use moral relativism over his affair. 

Just now, NoCalMike said:

I like Newsom as someone who was ahead of the progressive curve on social issues, and he comes off like a fighter for what he believes in.  His past indiscretions in his personal life are a bit troublesome considering I am sure the GOP will look to use moral relativism over his affair. 

I worry that he's more in love with the position (and using it as another stepping stone) than actually being Governor.

With Jerry Brown, we didn't have that problem and California has done very very very well for 8 years.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

I worry that he's more in love with the position (and using it as another stepping stone) than actually being Governor.

With Jerry Brown, we didn't have that problem and California has done very very very well for 8 years.

Oh I def think Newsome has some national political aspirations.  I suppose we'll find out soon since unless something major happens he is likely going to be the next Gov.

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

So glad to see the Dem's avoiding lock-out in the CA primaries and to also see rumblings of GOP discontent in Missouri. Bodes well for November.

Yes, that Missouri district is a suburb of KC, so a very good sign that Dems are wining the burbs. 

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Where do I sign. :)

Careful.  I donated a couple of dollars to Al Sharptons presidential campaign years ago, and still get all sorts of solicitations from crazy left wing causes etc.

3 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

Careful.  I donated a couple of dollars to Al Sharptons presidential campaign years ago, and still get all sorts of solicitations from crazy left wing causes etc.

I already get those because the couple we bought our house from were/are crazy right wingers and never updated their information with many crazy right wing nutjob organizations.  

I can't tell you how embarrassing it is to have my lawyer friends/coworkers over and they find a mailer from Judicial Watch* laying on my kitchen table/mail pile.

*For the uninformed, Judicial Watch is a right wing activist group that pretends to me a legitimate legal organization but really is like Alex Jones if he was pretending to be a lawyer.  

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I already get those because the couple we bought our house from were/are crazy right wingers and never updated their information with many crazy right wing nutjob organizations.  

I can't tell you how embarrassing it is to have my lawyer friends/coworkers over and they find a mailer from Judicial Watch* laying on my kitchen table/mail pile.

*For the uninformed, Judicial Watch is a right wing activist group that pretends to me a legitimate legal organization but really is like Alex Jones if he was pretending to be a lawyer.  

Ah, the old "we bought the house from a crazy couple" ploy.  Mmm hmm.  ;)

Archived