Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Cousins Play For The Skins In 2018

Veryoldschool

Will Cousins Be Back In 2018?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cousins play for the Skins in 2018?

• Yes, as part of a LTD.
    • Yes, on a tag for a year
    • No, the Skins tag him and manage to trade him
    • No, the Skins let Cousins walk and he signs a LTD with another team

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:02 PM

1 hour ago, alstontka said:

A football stadium taken over by other teams fans

There are a lot of things to criticize this franchise for but to me, this isn’t even worth bringing up. Every stadium pretty much is like this. It’s also a transplant city which makes it worse. 

This isnt 1985 when you had to know someone that knew someone to get tickets. 

7 hours ago, SBboundbaby said:

he asked to be traded last year after failed negotiations. does that not scream I don't want to be here??

FACT: This is not what happened. 

This is what happened instead:

"I did inquire if there was any interest in trading me to get an understanding of their perspective," Cousins said. "The answer I got back was Mr. Snyder communicated his belief in me and desire for me to remain a Redskin."

Cousins said he first heard of his trade demands -- sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Cousins had asked about a trade -- when a shoe store employee asked him about it while fitting his wife for shoes.

"I laughed and thought, 'I don't know where that comes from because that wasn't the case,'" Cousins told Schefter. "Somehow it got twisted to where an employee of the store is using the word 'demanded.' That's not the approach I took."

Edit: Has this thread become an extension of the other Kirk Cousins thread...lol

I'm going to go with the trans tag. The FO was willing to go with the guaranteed offer in the off season which included the $28M for next year ('18). Kirk will sign it and may get offers of around $27M (about the same as the Lions gave Stafford, but with a higher guarantee). Don't know if our FO will match it, but it is possible. 

If they are dumb enough to actually believe that they can tag him and work out a deal next year, which they've already done twice, then what's to prevent them from being total morons for the 3rd time?

I'll be surprised if they use the transition tag because of the potential for them to totally lose control of the situation and be forced by another team to match an offer that they're going to consider crazy (because they have no idea what a franchise QB looks like).

1 hour ago, JustAfan47 said:

Does this thing still work?

Yes. I can see what you have posted. Looks like ES servers are working just fine...lol

If you are talking about the transition tag then that works too. The Redskins will have to use the transition tag if LTD is not hashed out quicly. If Kirk wants to be here, as he has indicated, he can sign the transition tag without even looking at offers from another team. If he does sign then the Redskins can tag him one more time next year as well. Kirk holds all the cards with a straight flush. Bruce on the other hand only has a king high. 

It is easy to sit here and say what should have or should not have been done 3 years ago. I myself would have to think twice before I signed KC to the highest QB contract in the league right after I saw him blow a chance to beat the Giants and keep us out of the playoffs last year. He is a good tough QB and I would hate to loose him but I am not sacrificing the rest of my team to make KC the highest paid player in the league. He is not Brady or Brees. You do not need a overpriced QB to be in last place.  Right now, the way it stands I would start going back and fourth with his agent. I would want him under what that kid from the Raiders got, which I think is more than fair, and I would tell his agent I am not paying him 35m next year on the tag so you better get a deal done. 35m is 10% of your cap and that is foolish. I would also tell him a deal has to be signed before the draft because if KC is not signed we are drafting a QB and he can go elsewhere. No team is going to trade for him if he does not have a contract. I would then try and get that kid from Wyoming if he is eligible. He makes it look like he is playing downhill. 

1 hour ago, TheShredSkinz said:

Transition tag.

IMO I think he does not rush to sign a LTD with us as he knows he will get 35m from us so there is no incentive unless we offer him the most money any player ever got for a guarantee along with his LTD. He can get 23 to 25 from another team so he will hold our feet to the fire for more and we wonder why the NFL is loosing fans. Would not surprise me if he did not have 2 or 3 offers already under the table. Things can change real fast if he gets hurt or if a team that may want him now gets a good QB in the draft.

I expect much more out of the front office than I do from fans.  Of course fans are going to be bummed that he sucked against the Giants and missed the playoffs.  But a good FO removes emotion from the situation and acknowledges this team had they made the playoffs, were losing the very next week anyways.  They look at the whole body of work and do what's best for the team.  They should be proficient in assessing QB play and not act like heart broken teenagers in how they handle things.  It's documented that Scot wanted to sign Kirk long term for something like 12M even prior to his hot finish in 2015, but Bruce wasn't having it.  The same Bruce that said personnel was all Scot.  What Scot wanted to do and couldn't is what real FO's do, they know the landscape and have foresight.  Locking him up early would have changed the entire relationship with Kirk and would be paying so many dividends.  But instead we've paid a healthy premium for his services and risk losing him.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

I've probably had my fill of Kirk.  I'd like to see what Gruden could do with real talent at QB.

Based on your posting history and questionable opinions on football in general, I was under the impression you had your fill of Kirk years ago.

Thats fine and all.  But a lot like most Anti-Kirks, there is never an actual realistic plan B.  Just somebody else off the QB tree that's ripe with super talented pro quarterbacks.

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Based on your posting history and questionable opinions on football in general, I was under the impression you had your fill of Kirk years ago.

Thats fine and all.  But a lot like most Anti-Kirks, there is never an actual realistic plan B.  Just somebody else off the QB tree that's ripe with super talented pro quarterbacks.

We're talking about a 4th round pick.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Is it logical to sign the 8th best QB in the NFC to a $100M deal.  Or maybe just draft another 4th rounder?

It actually is. If you have a top 10 qb you have a chance. If you don’t, you’ve got nothing.

this teams failures are not Cousins, they’re SnyGrudAllens’

Archived