Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

On 12/28/2019 at 8:06 PM, TK said:

Every bit of this can still change by Monday. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Dan said to drop these leaks & let's see what the reactions are :ols: 

On 12/28/2019 at 8:03 PM, TK said:

Bruce can STILL be fired Monday...

:) 

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I agree. Deep wounds this season. 

Man, I gotta wonder if Alex Smith had Snyder's ear for some of it. He seems like someone who has the leadership and maturity give his words some weight. And while not saying "Get rid of Bruce Allen" outright, Smith might point out some of the more troubling aspects the franchise is currently experiencing in a way that emphasized returning respectability and honor to the team, and then letting Snyder reach the conclusions about Bruce himself. Would love it if that were the case because it means Snyder is letting someone into his inner circle whose football smarts and moral compass are sorely needed in his world.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keep in mind here, that "that will not happen" could be as simple as hes not going to be the GM. He may have another role. Or may be out entirely. 

The whole front office and coaching staff should be sized up.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Now this is interesting. Are we going to hire from the outside? I don’t think it would be a bad thing to do so, we need a new guy at the helm, and I’m not saying Schaffer is not capable, but might just need some fresh blood 

Just now, Califan007 said:

Man, I gotta wonder if Alex Smith had Snyder's ear for some of it. He seems like someone who has the leadership and maturity give his words some weight. And while not saying "Get rid of Bruce Allen" outright, Smith might point out some of the more troubling aspects the franchise is currently experiencing in a way that emphasized returning respectability and honor to the team, and then letting Snyder reach the conclusions about Bruce himself. Would love it if that were the case because it means Snyder is letting someone into his inner circle whose football smarts and moral compass are sorely needed in his world.

I STRONGLY believe this is the case. And I think this will essentially be Smith's role in the front office. And it will allow him to retire and his cap hit to come off the books. Its a great play all around. Good guy, likable, football savvy. Cap room. Minor role (hopefully he's not the GM) where he can grow.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Could be.  I've said a bunch of times the key upside of Dan talking to Alex is that Alex is a good guy, smart.  But I like that he's a good guy -- moral compass is a good way to put it.  IMO the ugly stamp that Bruce put on this organization is doubling down as opposed to fixing the air about this team's FO being sleazy.  Alex is an honorable dude.  

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think my preference is Rick Smith for GM, 

Mine, too or Kyle.

On 12/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, spjunkies said:

That smells to me as Grant wanting to be involved with a hot breaking news story, but easy to walk back if it turns out to be false.

I want my credit on this one, I had a feeling that Grant was pulling that "still involved with the stadium process" stuff out of thin air! LMFAO

Idiot 🙄

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

Wouldnt Schaffer be a more natural fit as President while Kyle takes the GM position?

Save somewhere on Twitter they might want to go back to a more traditional structure without a president and VPs

Archived