Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

15 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

A little passive-aggressive tribalism?

Nothing passive there. Pointing out the obvious. It's not like Roger Stone is a journalistic institution. Sharing notes with him beforehand makes your motives look suspect. He makes his living as a sleezebag political operative.

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I find the picture to be a big nothing especially if they gave her the picture afterward. It may be in bad taste, mocking groping over a bullet proof/kevlar but it's far less important than him forcibly kissing her. 

I think the picture is worse. The kissing you can say was interpretated differently between both parties. Someone else who's performed with Franken could come along and say that's normal practice. The picture just makes Franken look like a pig. Hands hovering or not while she's sleeping is some frat boy stuff.

15 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

How do you do that though? You can't go back and say, "ok you settled this but now you don't have to abide by the terms of the settlement."

Hold hearings and ask the recipients to come forward and testify. These transgressors are known, open hearings on all of them.  If compelled by Congress, no liability for going against a confidentiality clause.

8 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I suspect we could see a lot of these.  Saw something about 32M in payouts for harrassment (no idea over what time frame).  That's gonna mean dozens and dozens if not hundreds of lawmakers.

I think it is 16M. That seems like a lot of money, but keep in mind that Bill O'Reilly was paying that much to like one person he assaulted at Fox News.

We really should know who the legislators are that doled out money to cover their misbehavior. Frankly it is insane that this information is kept secret from the public.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cooked Crack said:

Nothing passive there. Pointing out the obvious. It's not like Roger Stone is a journalistic institution. Sharing notes with him beforehand makes your motives look suspect. He makes his living as a sleezebag political operative.

I think the picture is worse. The kissing you can say was interpretated differently between both parties. Someone else who's performed with Franken could come along and say that's normal practice. The picture just makes Franken look like a pig. Hands hovering or not while she's sleeping is some frat boy stuff.

A picture of mock groping while smiling at a camera is worse than a forcible kiss? 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

is it legal to do that to a person? 

I don't know and I would like to know as well. Doxxing is really frowned upon within online social platforms, and usually is enough to receive a permanent ban. 

Yet, I don't know if it is a criminal or civil violation.

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

A picture of mock groping while smiling at a camera is worse than a forcible kiss? 

The kiss can be explained away. There was consent giving and she didn't approve of the kiss afterwards. No consent in that picture. She's saying he groped her in picture. It's not a good look, even if his hands are hovering.

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

The kiss can be explained away. There was consent giving and she didn't approve of the kiss afterwards. No consent in that picture. She's saying he groped her in picture. It's not a good look, even if his hands are hovering.

Would you let Roy Moore explain away what women over the age of consent have claimed he did?

2 minutes ago, twa said:

It was more than mock according to the victim.

If there was more than mock groping when it comes to the picture, that is worse than the picture. 

Apparently, Franken has apologized and called for an ethics investigation which he said he will cooperate fully. Good for him. He manned up.

That doesn't erase the deed, but it's a lot better than calling the women liars, attacking them, or threatening them with lawsuits.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Apparently, Franken has apologized and called for an ethics investigation which he said he will cooperate fully. Good for him. He manned up.

That doesn't erase the deed, but it's a lot better than calling the women liars, attacking them, or threatening them with lawsuits.

Still, he needs to go. Dems need to have a zero tolerance policy on this. Go through the ethics process if need be, but I don't see that changing anything. Franken really isn't denying it happened. 

Just now, No Excuses said:

All of this is happening, while the sitting POTUS of the US, is an admitted pervert and someone who has assaulted women.

Which is the reason why Trump won't say anything about Roy Moore. 

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Still, he needs to go. Dems need to have a zero tolerance policy on this. Go through the ethics process if need be, but I don't see that changing anything. Franken really isn't denying it happened. 

I don't know that I disagree, but it's a shame. Franken has been a good Senator.

As for the rest of it, I am sure that the Repubs will unabashedly try to make this an issue while completely absolving Moore and Trump and every other R who comes under shadow.

• Sad 1

What if that photo is staged?  Let's have an investigation first and figure out what happened.  Someone took that picture.  What does that person have to say?

Maybe he should take a polygraph.

Even if he is innocent, he still should have apologized, and I am glad that he did.  

Good that he apologized and asked for this investigation.

Not sure what to believe out there right now. Folks are posting a lot.

Either way, with all elected officials. I don't feel like one going away is like losing a brilliant cancer researcher who is working towards a cure. Doubting victims isn't ok.

15 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Would you let Roy Moore explain away what women over the age of consent have claimed he did?

People have tried. A 30 something going out with teenagers doesn't speak well regardless of the age of consent.

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

He's kinda denying the severity of the kiss. He remembers it differently. I still think he needs to step down. If they want to go down this investigation route that's fine so we can see if more people come forward.

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I don't know that I disagree, but it's a shame. Franken has been a good Senator.

As for the rest of it, I am sure that the Repubs will unabashedly try to make this an issue while completely absolving Moore and Trump and every other R who comes under shadow.

Agreed. I do think this is 100% political just from the Roger Stone tweet. 

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

They both need to go.