Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

48 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Surely Coach Feis is worth a dozen.....

25436915697_193d72bfa4_b.jpg

But giving him something other than his body to protect children is risky.

Better to take the safe course and let him sacrifice his life right?

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

39596173314_f4fab6cab5_b.jpg

Probably not gonna get many for Chris, he was older, he was the AD, not a coach and at 49 past middle age. Maybe we can get a handgun or two for him.

No handguns for him, too risky

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Gonna be a sea change on gun control when generation Z starts voting.  Pro Gun people better get smart and start compromising to avoid the electoral butt****ing that will be in store for them unless they do.

I for one will be glad when the younguns solve all the problems and set this **** right.

if they don't die from eating Tide pods like their elders.

3 hours ago, bearrock said:

What percentage of the population will die before Texas kneels before a Tyrant?  Stalin killed anywhere between 3 to 50 million depending on the historian.  Soviet population at the time was 150 million, give or take.  So he could have killed as much as 25% of the population.  A tyrant with a willing military could pretty much wipe out every single private citizen in US if they wanted to (not like US didn't nearly do it to Native Americans before).  You really think John Q. Public is gonna continue to stand there with a AR15 slung over his shoulder after a few strafing run from the US military?  How about a few drop of the A-Bomb?  Only way a militia doesn't get stomped into the ground is if the tyrant or the military decides not to do it. 

Everything in Texas is overrated 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, twa said:

Ooh, ooh, I’ll play with the troll for a minute. But passing sensible laws to keep guns out of the hands of nutjobs, criminals, terrorists, etc. is too risky. Better to take the safe course and give him his own gorilla.

2 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Ooh, ooh, I’ll play with the troll for a minute. But passing sensible laws to keep guns out of the hands of nutjobs, criminals, terrorists, etc. is too risky. Better to take the safe course and give him his own gorilla.

Hell, the GOP didn’t have to do ANYTHING. The law was ALREADY on the books, Grassley and the GOP passed legislation that Trump signed that would have prevented Cruz from buying his AR. 

They literally wouldn’t have had to lift a finger...but they did...and now 17 are dead.

8 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Hell, the GOP didn’t have to do ANYTHING. The law was ALREADY on the books, Grassley and the GOP passed legislation that Trump signed that would have prevented Cruz from buying his AR. 

Assume you mean that Grassley and Trump repealed legislation that would have prevented it.  

But is there any support that shows that to be the case?  Seems to me that if it was that clear, we would have heard about it, by now.  

Just now, Larry said:

Assume you mean that Grassley and Trump repealed legislation that would have prevented it.  

But is there any support that shows that to be the case?  Seems to me that if it was that clear, we would have heard about it, by now.  

Hush, he is rolling.

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

We will never know now.

2 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Yes arming a bunch of teachers is a brilliant idea. Because the people drawn to the teaching profession are exactly, in general, the ones who want to play Jason Bourne. But again, I’ll play along. Go ahead approve it and get the budget for it.

Hush, he’s rolling.

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

We will never know now.

I'm pretty sure that we know what legislation was in place, before this bill passed.  Is anybody willing to point at paragraph so-and-so, and then point to some characteristic which the shooter met, and say "this law would have applied to this shooter"?  

Seems like it would be an easy thing to do.  (And incredibly effective, politically.)  The reporter who could connect those things would get a lot of credit, for that.  

18 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Yes arming a bunch of teachers is a brilliant idea. Because the people drawn to the teaching profession are exactly, in general, the ones who want to play Jason Bourne. But again, I’ll play along. Go ahead approve it and get the budget for it.

No no, you’ve got it all wrong.

We want them to buy their own guns, carry at work for the same pay and not **** every 2 years when republicans refuse their cost of living pay raise again.

See, we will have armed teachers AT A DISCOUNT!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

To think about all the money we could have saved on military and law enforcement training when you can get the same results in a concealed carry class, and can we stop calling units that deal with situations like an active school shooters "elite". Can't be elite if anyone can do it. 

1 hour ago, twa said:

As actually his wife said on the radio that he was a huge gun guy. Believed they needed more guns in schools and that guns should not be banned or harder to get at all. 

Crazy how that worked out. Right?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, twa said:

Genuine question. If you take 50 in shape males between the age of 21-28 how many out of that 50 would you say have what it takes from a mental and emotional stand point to handle taking out an active shooter in a school? I'd say 5 at best. 

Just now, Llevron said:

As actually his wife said on the radio that he was a huge gun guy. Believed they needed more guns in schools and that guns should not be banned or harder to get at all. 

Crazy how that worked out. Right?

Odds on him wishing ya'll allowed him one then?

Just so we are clear here, ya'll forbid him a weapon to defend himself and others....because he might kill kids or some **** on accident..

and yet he persisted in trying to protect others till the end..

Just now, Berggy9598 said:

Genuine question. If you take 50 in shape males between the age of 21-28 how many out of that 50 would you say have what it takes from a mental and emotional stand point to handle taking out an active shooter in a school? I'd say 5 at best. 

In shape?...GTFO

1 minute ago, twa said:

Just so we are clear here, ya'll forbid him a weapon to defend himself and others....because he might kill kids or some **** on accident..

And based on absolutely nothing except the fact that that's what actually happens, nationwide, vastly more often. 

2 minutes ago, twa said:

and yet he persisted in trying to protect others till the end..

In shape?...GTFO

The point was a variable that tilt the odds. You're still not getting a big percentage there's a reason law enforcement units that deal with these kind of things go through intensive psychological training that not all of even make it through. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twa said:

Would he have had to risk his body at all (even with a gun) to protect children if the shooter didn’t have easy access to an assault rifle? 

i think its clear what is the actual safer course 

• Like 1