Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

On 8/10/2019 at 9:39 AM, AsburySkinsFan said:

Seriously, what is the difference between this sort of radicalization and what ISIS does in radicalizing Muslim youth?

My understanding is that “domestic terrorist” isn’t necessary treated the same as “foreign terrorist” so our law enforcement and funding and structure for investigating domestic terrorists is much less effective/capable. Plus the constitution and how we do or don’t apply it. 

So they’re allowed to exist in a different (I would argue easier) manner

also the Muslim terrorists roots for their whole motive seem rooted in religious beliefs and understandings (I’m aware theres a whole debate about that)

our domestic terrorists seem to be rooted strictly in racism. 

Edited by tshile

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

My understanding is that “domestic terrorist” isn’t necessary treated the same as “foreign terrorist” so our law enforcement and funding and structure for investigating domestic terrorists is much less effective/capable. Plus the constitution and how we do or don’t apply it. 

So they’re allowed to exist in a different (I would argue easier) manner

also the Muslim terrorists roots for their whole motive seem rooted in religious beliefs and understandings (I’m aware theres a whole debate about that)

our domestic terrorists seem to be rooted strictly in racism. 

I think if you narrow these domestics down to simply racism then you miss a large part of their motivation. A great many of these turds claim Christian heritage, in the end you have a racial, religious, national cult which is breeding these assholes. CIA isn't supposed to operate on US soil, but the NSA sure can as can the FBI. When you look at how they are radicalizing these shooters they are almost mirror images of what ISIS has done through their radicalization efforts when we see the "lone wolf" Muslim terrorist. The ONLY difference we see at this point is that the crackers don't claim responsibility like ISIS because they know that in doing so the FBI will have cause then, but their efforts are the same.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, twa said:

We have been arresting and jailing them for ages 

What would you like done new?

Really? Are you trying to say that we've gone after these Rightwing white supremacist groups that are radicalizing these mass murderers with the same efforts that we went after ISIS?

What's the body count between the two?

How many American dead from ISIS and how many from these radicalized white supremacists?

Trump's been dying to break posse comitatus since he got into office, let's get this thing going.

Then we'll really get to see these Rightwing ****nuggets defend themselves against A-10's, M1 tanks, and Predator drones.

fate.jpg

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

7 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Trump's been dying to break posse comitatus since he got into office, let's get this thing going.

Then we'll really get to see these Rightwing ****nuggets defend themselves against A-10's, M1 tanks, and Predator drones.

If Trump broke posse comitatus, why would the tanks and drones be targeting his base supporters?

50 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Hate speech isn’t a crime but sharing isis propaganda is.  Maybe we should look at making hate speech a crime.

If you do that you gotta really define what hate speech is. Its got to be iron clad. My gut tells me that would be impossible to do with our current congress and many of them use the same language. 

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

If you do that you gotta really define what hate speech is. Its got to be iron clad. My gut tells me that would be impossible to do with our current congress and many of them use the same language. 

Been saying for a while we need to add more limits to the 1st like we have e fore the 2nd.  After all, the pen IS mightier than the sword.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Been saying for a while we need to add more limits to the 1st like we have e fore the 2nd.  After all, the pen IS mightier than the sword.

I dont know how you square that with the whole " I dont like what you have to say but I defend your right to say it" thing. Im not sure where I would draw the line. But at the same time...we are watching people's speech literally inspire enough hate to kill others. Something has to be done. 

Its an interesting topic! Sad that its costing us lives. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Really? Are you trying to say that we've gone after these Rightwing white supremacist groups that are radicalizing these mass murderers with the same efforts that we went after ISIS?

What's the body count between the two?

The numbers change a whole lot depending on whether you start counting the day before 9/11, or the day after.  

Just saying, it's easy for somebody with an agenda to cherry pick the stats he wants.  

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I dont know how you square that with the whole " I dont like what you have to say but I defend your right to say it" thing. Im not sure where I would draw the line. But at the same time...we are watching people's speech literally inspire enough hate to kill others. Something has to be done. 

Its an interesting topic! Sad that its costing us lives. 

I don't agree with that any more. When you speak against people, race, ethnicity or otherwise you lose the right to free expression. It's not like these people are adding to public discourse, they are using their words to plant cancers of the mind. This isn't about policy differences this is literally against people for no other reason than pure hatred and bigotry.

It's too easy to say that they didn't pull the trigger, when all the while they incited the anger, and inflamed the hatred. Charlie Manson was imprisoned for as much.

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

I don’t think you have to have an iron glad definition of hate speech in order to make it a crime.

It isn’t a law that needs to be written. The US Supreme Court already ruled that such laws are unconstitutional. What you need is an amendment that specifically states that hate speech is not protected speech, then laws can be written and taken to court and the courts can then decide what hate speech is. 

I agree it is unlikely, but maybe less unlikely that convincing people to give up their guns.

51 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I don't agree with that any more. When you speak against people, race, ethnicity or otherwise you lose the right to free expression.

So they should shut you down? :ols:

17 minutes ago, twa said:

So they should shut you down? :ols:

I'm sorry but are you suggesting that I as a middle aged white male am discriminating against myself? 

Maybe I'm just a self hating cracker, is that it? The people I condemn are those who are racists, homophobes and various bigots. I do not support their right to spread their bigotry and racism. This isn't like arguing policy differences. If they drop their racist ideals then my condemnation will end. When will their hatred end?

At least 5 police officers shot in Philadelphia in active shooting

PHILADELPHIA -
At least five police officers have been shot in Philadelphia in what is believed to be an active shooter situation.

Police said officers have been injured in "active and ongoing" shooting situation.

Sgt. Eric Gripp tweeted there was at least one suspect firing at police officers Wednesday afternoon.

Click on the link for more

Five Philadelphia officers injured as they respond to shooting incident

Philadelphia police were shot at Wednesday afternoon after responding to an active shooting incident in a North Philly neighborhood. At least five officers have been injured, according to a police spokesperson.

A large police presence responded to a shooting incident in a residential area of the Nicetown section of the city. One male shooter was still inside a residence in what police described as an active situation.

A witness who lived close to the shooting told NBC Philadelphia that she heard a series of shots fired, what felt like 100 gunshots, and could smell what seemed to be gunpowder before police arrived to the scene. The unidentified woman told NBC Philadelphia that it felt "like a war."

The nearby campus for Temple University's Health Sciences Center is under lockdown as the situation unfolds.

Click on the link for more