Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

• 2 weeks later...

The last 6 weekends I've had 29, 38, 24, 25, 34, 38...and now 42 boarders.  One cat and one bearded dragon, the rest are dogs.  I have to let these doggos out at least 4 times each tomorrow.  The ones with incontinence issues go out more.  One of the dogs (who I love) I'll probably let out 10 times.  Baxter, you piss ant.

I always work 4th of July, too.  Easily the most f'd up day.  Bammas in the neighborhood randomly test their fireworks thru the day...then it's pretty much a shut down kennel after 5 PM.

I've had mad urges to quit...but if I get thru the holiday my schedule is changing for the better.  Keep having to remind myself of that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pretty sure Thanos was born the same week of the 4th. So we just celebrated his birthday then. They don’t know for sure cause he’s a rescue but that was their estimate. Fireworks never bothered him. Sometimes I wonder if he even hears them. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Well, I have a new adorable kitten on the deck, has a lot of markings like RG had.  It won't let me open the sliding glass door without running off, but comes back in a few minutes. 

I have a kitten boarding, my co-worker got a kitten today, one came in to get a checkup, you have a new one coming up to your place, and its national kitten day.

I 'only' have 29 boarders rn, which feels easy after the 63 from last week.  Spending the night here.

• Like 4

Bay Area influencer cat's Instagram account restored after age ban

Instagram accounts dedicated to cats are among the most popular on the social media platform. But one such account found itself in "IG jail."

Ernie is no ordinary feline. The feral cat has more than 8,000 followers on social media under the account @erniezjourney. He came into the lives of Irene Wong and her father Joe Zwetsloot of Vallejo when they found Ernie purring underneath their parked car.

"He was just sweet to begin with. He was a little baby, maybe a couple of months old. Something about him..." said Wong.

Ernie took a liking to Wong and Zwetsloot and always managed to find his way back to them until they decided to take him in. Unfortunately, he had a badly injured paw and doctors said there would be no choice except to amputate one of his legs. The surgery didn't slow Ernie down.

At the beginning of the pandemic, Wong decided she would launch an Instagram account just for Ernie. Then, almost a year later, she thought it would be fun to list Ernie's birthday on his account.

"I thought, 'Oh, it would be cute to put his birthday in his setting so that when people look at his account, they would see when his birthday is,'" she said. That was a mistake.

You see, Ernie is 9... and the minimum age to open an Instagram account is 13. Instagram promptly shut down Ernie's account for being underage.

Click on the link for the full article and video

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/10/2021 at 6:55 PM, skinsmarydu said:

Well, I have a new adorable kitten on the deck, has a lot of markings like RG had. 

Funny how things work out. I came home from work today to this lil guy who kinda looks Issues. 

The better half is now 2-0 on getting a kitten in the house when I’m out of town. :ols:

She currently wants to name him Prozac. I’m fighting for Problems. So right now I’m thinking that WFT fits him since neither currently have a name. :D 

“Please Sir, can I have some more?”58834F7C-3F49-43C6-8D21-C5B72264CAE3.thumb.jpeg.229dd4318bc9737818e21f90c461a979.jpeg

• Like 5

Update:  got 2 more, and they're so friggin' cute!  Medium hair with clean, fluffy tails...one is a tux (nose is half black/white vertical with a spot) and the other is an orange striped, but not quite a tabby. 

I know the possums get the food at night, and one got smooshed the other day in the road.  🤮

• Like 2

Sleeping at the clinic is pretty neat, now that I'm totally ready for it.  I sleep on top of a few comforters and a giant dog bed we have for the Irish Wolfhound that belongs to our manager, upstairs in the main office.  Last night there was a steady storm with lightning flashes every half a second as I fell asleep.

34 animals today.  Great group outside of a couple major tardbomb dogs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1