Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 8:37 PM, LadySkinsFan said:

This kitty reminds me of Kai, only this one is more filled out. 

As it turns out, it's a boy who likes to get lovin'.  Let me pet him, rolled around & showed his belly (confidence move).  Cameron is pretty possessive of the deck, but there hasn't been too much drama. 

• Thumb up 2

Goodness...Ms. Kitty is so fat, she can't clean herself properly so I have to. 

Little one out back is letting me pick him up and walk around the deck, and he's soooo gorgeous...I may have to keep him.  Cameron is having NO fun with that, because he sees everyone gettin' lovin', he just won't get with it.  (Cam is one of Ms. Kitty's, so there's a lot of sniffing going on with the glass door.)  Everyone is curious, but only so much. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The new addition to our family...Onyx!  He's three and a half months old and always looking for trouble.  Our 12 yo cat Lucy is not happy.

iJOhk1X.jpg?1

Ru2eTbL.jpg

Checking out the birds at the bird feeder...

e73p7Hw.jpg

And learning how to be a black panther from Luna the Pantera...

W6aYOif.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

My first two cats in elementary school were black cats, Midnight and Blackie. Back in those days male cats weren't routinely neutered and both met their demise while catting around. The next one was female and we got her spayed. She lived for 18.5 years until a while after my daughter was born. 

• Thumb up 2

• 2 weeks later...

My kitty-kid of 12 yrs went from 14 pounds to 10 pounds in the last 9 months...they couldn't figure out why.  He just got diagnosed with lymphoma.  Anyone else have a cat with small cell lymphoma and know how the treatment goes?

Edited by Jabbyrwock
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

My kitty-kid of 12 yrs went from 14 pounds to 10 pounds in the last 9 months...they couldn't figure out why.  He just got diagnosed with lymphoma.  Anyone else have a cat with small cell lymphoma and know how the treatment goes?

My last cat Zeke eventually succumbed to it.  It went like this:  first noticed the weight loss.  Then diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Before recommending radiation treatment (which is a permanent cure for that kind of hyperthyroidism) which is due to a tumor on the thyroid gland, they wanted to check for the lymphoma.  They found it.  He then began chemotherapy.  He wasn't doing great with the first type of chemo, so they switched to a different kind.  That was working well (maintaining weight and otherwise seeming perfectly normal), and he'd been on if for about six months (they recommend a year before they think they might be able to come off it), when he caught a cold and started losing hair in clumps.  He went downhill from there.  Took him off chemo, he lost more weight and hair and we eventually had him put to sleep.

Anecdotal, but if your cat can survive a year on chemo, the prognosis is good.

FYI, Zeke was the same age (12) when this happened.

Edited by China
  • Thanks 1