Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1953 Yankees, 1960 Canadians, 1996 Bulls.....2017 Philadelphia Eagles

Westbrook36

On 2/7/2018 at 5:23 AM, Westbrook36 said:

This is obviously the start of a dynasty. The backup QB for the Eagles has more playoff wins in the last month than the Redskins franchise has since 1992. 

I doubt you'd be here if the Patriots won. 

Thank god for Pennsylvania's own Gene Steratore. 

You know - Jeff Lurie was almost the owner of the Patriots. They were his favorite team growing up. He even thought buying the Eagles in '94 was a mistake. 

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/how-jeff-lurie-almost-bought-patriots

“I do remember when I made the investment, I think the Wall Street Journal said this was the dumbest investment of the year. It was an emotional investment, it had no basis in reality," Lurie said. "And the crazy thing is, I thought they were right.” 

Who knows who would have ended up buying the Birds instead - maybe some rich Philly fan boy like Snyder. 

Damn it all. 

On 2/8/2018 at 9:53 AM, pjfootballer said:

Maybe the mods can change Westy’s avatar to a picture of a troll, peaking his head out of a submarine waving an Iggles pennant.  

Just an idea since the empty trophy case is gone.

If you refer to the Eagles, can you please correctly refer to them as the “World Champion Eagles”.....thanks in advance. 

7 minutes ago, Westbrook36 said:

If you refer to the Eagles, can you please correctly refer to them as the “World Champion Eagles”.....thanks in advance. 

I am happy for you Westy.  The cool thing is the high lasts, well, always.  We always look back to our three SB wins and "Remember when...".  You will keep these memories for a lifetime, trust me.  Congratulations, and welcome to the club!  

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Westbrook36 said:

Do you ever wake up and wonder if it was all a dream...that the Eagles didn’t win the Superbowl?

Me neither. 

Do you ever wake up and wonder if it was all a dream... that you actually met bright, intelligent non-trollish iggle fans?

Me neither.

s-l300.jpg

16 hours ago, Westbrook36 said:

Do you ever wake up and wonder if it was all a dream...that the Eagles didn’t win the Superbowl?

Me neither. 

41AC3886-5F19-4D92-990B-C46A089A55C3.jpeg

B39EDB88-096A-4794-A681-3C76311584DE.jpeg

Isn't that stadium in a concrete lot nowhere near anything?  Did you really travel down there to take those pics? :rofl89::eagles_suck:

On 3/5/2018 at 7:49 PM, thebluefood said:

All those 'Skins fans who were all "yeah, I guess it's cool the Eagles won a Super Bowl" have either never seen this thread or are low key Philly fans.

Though @eaglesfandan is right - 'Skins are totally the Uncle Rico of the NFL.

I've seen this thread, I remember Who Del, I don't like dynasties if they aren't ours.

• 3 weeks later...

Will be interesting to see who starts for the Eagles Foles or Wentz.  If Wentz, he comes back rusty and not fully healed and gets destroyed by a nasty Minnesota defense.  If Foles, we all know he is going to fall back to earth and will look average in which case I like Minnesota's chances.

Eagles go into week 2 0-1. :eagles_suck:

• 1 month later...

Not sure how many of you are familiar with The Goldbergs, an ABC sitcom about a Philadelphia family in the 80s.  Some major sacrelig is committed at the very beginning of this recent episode (I'm talking in the 1-2 second mark), labeling hallowed ground as the Vet:

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-goldbergs/episode-guide/season-05/20-the-opportunity-of-a-lifetime

Archived