Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Going Commando

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't see how he gets past #3, the Colts pick.  So to move up from lets say #16 would be an RG3 type of haul.  I'd doubt they'd be that brazen.

I think the hype is real...one of the 5 best RB prospects I've seen in my life in college ball.  However, I just cant help this feeling I get that Danny/Bruce are going to be all in.  I'm REALLY worried about them calling the shots. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't see how he gets past #3, the Colts pick.  So to move up from lets say #16 would be an RG3 type of haul.  I'd doubt they'd be that brazen.

I can't see it either if there is any plan to keep Cousins. If we keep Kirk we will not have free agent money to patch holes which means the draft becomes even more important. If Kirk leaves then I could see the FO trying to pull off a super splashy move to try to pacify fans.

the way these bowl games are going and with Barkley looking so good, i could see another year of teams early going offense and defensive skill positions and ignoring the line. I think that like last year, we are in a unique position where we don't need position x or player y. And i could see a number of d linemen dropping and some lbs. Maybe we could trade down too because we have multiple needs, but i feel like this team is so talented that we don't be need to go all in. 

That said, as good as Barkley is playing, i don't want him. Guys like Chubb, Key, Payne and Vita may be available and better values. Then we could pick up a player like Love or Johnson or Chubb in the second. 

15 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

Arizona just scored

Yeah but Seattle just scored back.  If I am right, it would help if the Raiders, Dolphins and Bengals win, too.  If I recall they alternate the tied record teams.  The Redskins get screwed in the first round because of their strength of schedule.  But I believe in the 2nd round they have the first pick among the 7-9 teams.  I think they can get as high as the 10th pick in the 2nd round if the Raiders, Dolphins, Bengals win -- but not 100% sure.

6 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

the way these bowl games are going and with Barkley looking so good, i could see another year of teams early going offense and defensive skill positions and ignoring the line. I think that like last year, we are in a unique position where we don't need position x or player y. And i could see a number of d linemen dropping and some lbs. Maybe we could trade down too because we have multiple needs, but i feel like this team is so talented that we don't be need to go all in. 

That said, as good as Barkley is playing, i don't want him. Guys like Chubb, Key, Payne and Vita may be available and better values. Then we could pick up a player like Love or Johnson or Chubb in the second. 

If Barkley slips for some reason and is available at say 3 or 4 picks before our pick I would be fine with moving up to get him. He is a game changing player. The only problem with trading up is this draft is really deep at QB and you could potentially get a starter in the second round. You dont really want to lose that pick either. Especially in this draft.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah but Seattle just scored back.  If I am right, it would help if the Raiders, Dolphins and Bengals win, too.  If I recall they alternate the tied record teams.  The Redskins get screwed in the first round because of their strength of schedule.  But I believe in the 2nd round they have the first pick among the 7-9 teams.  I think they can get as high as the 10th pick in the 2nd round if the Raiders, Dolphins, Bengals win -- but not 100% sure.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2018.php

Miami probably, but we'd lose the tiebreaker to those other two. Too much math to figure out how the tiebreak with GB would go, and Miami is close enough it could still flip with them.

10 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

looks like we pick 14

Are you sure about that? Arizona won and Miami and Oakland lost. Cincy can still knock the Ratbirds out of the playoffs. I think we could pick 13 if Cincy wins right?

Hell yeah!!!! I love seeing Harbaugh curled over in pain. Only thing better than the Ravens losing out would be Dallas losing out!

PICK TEAM RECORD WIN% GB SOS

STREAK

1 0-16 .000 -- .520 Lost 16

2 3-13 .188 3.0 .531 Won 1

3 4-12 .250 4.0 .480 Won 1

4-12 .250 4.0 .516 Lost 6

5-11 .313 5.0 .492 Lost 2

5-11 .313 5.0 .520 Lost 4

7 5-11 .313 5.0 .555 Won 1

5-11 .313 5.0 .559 Lost 1

9 6-10 .375 6.0 .512  Won 5

6-10 .375 6.0 .512  Lost 4

6-10 .375 6.0 .543 Lost 3

12 7-9 .438 7.0 .465 Won 2

13 7-9 .438 7.0 .539 Lost 1

14 7-9 .438 7.0 .539 Lost 3

8-8 .500 8.0 .488 Won 2

16 9-7 .563 9.0 .441 Lost 1

1 minute ago, redskindan07 said:
PICK TEAM RECORD WIN% GB SOS

STREAK

1 0-16 .000 -- .520 Lost 16

2 3-13 .188 3.0 .531 Won 1

3 4-12 .250 4.0 .480 Won 1

4-12 .250 4.0 .516 Lost 6

5-11 .313 5.0 .492 Lost 2

5-11 .313 5.0 .520 Lost 4

7 5-11 .313 5.0 .555 Won 1

5-11 .313 5.0 .559 Lost 1

9 6-10 .375 6.0 .512  Won 5

6-10 .375 6.0 .512  Lost 4

6-10 .375 6.0 .543 Lost 3

12 7-9 .438 7.0 .465 Won 2

13 7-9 .438 7.0 .539 Lost 1

14 7-9 .438 7.0 .539 Lost 3

8-8 .500 8.0 .488 Won 2

16 9-7 .563 9.0 .441 Lost 1

thanks, looks good

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Looks like the coin flip is typically done on the first day of the combine.   Maybe it will give us a window into the FO.  Does Doug make the call?  Bruce?  Campbell? :)

You got 4 teams ahead of us that need Qbs.  And the Cardinals picking after us might leapfrog ahead to grab one so it could end up being 5.  Typically, QBs that mocks consider 2nd round types tend to climb over time and end up going higher than expected. So I think there is a shot that Rudolph and L. Jackson end up going early.  So maybe 4-5 QBs go before our pick. 

The way its looking these guys are likely gone before our pick: Chubb, Nelson, Barkley, Fitzpatrick, McGlinchey, C. Williams, at least one of the corners.

It's early in the process but on the early go here guys like Derwin James, Ridley, R. Smith, Guice might be in play.  Ditto some of the others guys discussed here of late like Vea and Wilkins 

I am hung up on stopping the run and running the ball.  Reuben Foster is tearing it up for SF.  Cooley said he heard Foster was the guy Jay wanted badly.  I'd presume Cooley got that directly from Jay since they do a TV show together. I haven't studied Roquan Smith much, I've watched him some and look forward to watching him tomorrow.  In theory, he seems to be of a similar brand as Foster.

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am hung up on stopping the run and running the ball.  

Same here. If we keep Kirk and have a run stopping D and ball control offense, we can go far in the playoffs.

Also the teams in our division maybe aside from Philly will have offenses dependent on running especially if the Giants pick Barkley(fingers crossed they don't).

14 minutes ago, BrandonJ83 said:

Same here. If we keep Kirk and have a run stopping D and ball control offense, we can go far in the playoffs.

The thing I hate the most about the draft is waiting for it.  Early mocks are often off -- I am more interested in mocks by the guys who at least claim to be talking to scouts-executives so I am interested in Albert Breer's one that I think is coming out tomorrow.   Things always change post senior bowl, combine, etc.

But for the moment, it looks like you can possibly get a really good defender with the first round like a R. Smith. And then double down on a D lineman like Tavern Bryan in the 2nd or a RB like Harris.    

See, I'm more interested in mocks that come out post bowls (maybe post Senior Bowl as well) but pre combine. I don't know about "accuracy" of them but I trust a guy who says that a player is fast based on film more than based on a 40 time at the combine. I hate the stories of combine warriors who never amount to anything in the NFL. 

Archived