Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Going Commando

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Who should we breakdown this week?  Any suggestions?

I was kind of thinking a linebacker.  Maybe that kid from Texas.

I like Cameron Smith from USC more, to me he is more of a Luke Kuechly type. Super high instincts and play recognition. Jefferson from Texas is more of a Zach Brown maybe. Freaky athlete who just flies around the field.

http://draftbreakdown.com/category/inside-linebacker-2018/cameron-smith/

One guy I really want to watch is Adonis Alexander. His physical skills are crazy and I think Torrian Gray has recruited him(?). So that might give us more inside information. I think in general Torrian Gray will be key for our intel with college players. After 17 years in the NCAA he probally has a lot of good connections. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/brandon-scherff/9438

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/leonard-williams/9439

We need to throw out the conventional wisdom about the positional value of guards.

We also need to finally accept that McCloughan drafted BPA when he picked Scherff.  Scherff is a legit impact player.

On 10/17/2017 at 2:24 AM, wilco_holland said:

I like Cameron Smith from USC more, to me he is more of a Luke Kuechly type. Super high instincts and play recognition. Jefferson from Texas is more of a Zach Brown maybe. Freaky athlete who just flies around the field.

Good stuff.  Cam Smith it is then.  He's got enough cut ups on DB to work with.

On 10/17/2017 at 9:32 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/brandon-scherff/9438

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/leonard-williams/9439

We need to throw out the conventional wisdom about the positional value of guards.

We also need to finally accept that McCloughan drafted BPA when he picked Scherff.  Scherff is a legit impact player.

It drove me nuts how much people were bashing that pick this year during his subpar preseason even with his pro-bowl season last year. Funny how no one is admitting how foolish they sounded.

3 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

It drove me nuts how much people were bashing that pick this year during his subpar preseason even with his pro-bowl season last year. Funny how no one is admitting how foolish they sounded.

When you call everything Redskins related crap. At some point you don't even remember it ?

On 10/16/2017 at 7:04 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Who should we breakdown this week?  Any suggestions?

I was kind of thinking a linebacker.  Maybe that kid from Texas.

Malik Jefferson. Got to watch a lot of him again yesterday. As an old linebacker, I think this kid has what it takes, and would be a monster complement to Brown. 6'3", 240, excellent athlete, goes sideline to sideline, has top level instincts, good hands working off blocks, and gets guys on the ground. Looks like a mid to late first round talent to me. May push up a bit with a big combine.

How about Auden Tate, Wr.  He’s 6’5 plays big, attacks the football and isn’t afraid of making catches in traffic.  At this point I see him as a second round pick, due to his lack of top end speed, but hes got plenty of talent to succeed at the next level.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:20 AM, wilco_holland said:

Other years this threat would go pretty hard. Lots of talk and discussion. Where did all does guys go? Is ES slowly going down in terms of active members? Are there different hot spots?

Hard to know what we need with the Cousin situation and so many 1 year contracts.  If we sign Brown and Cousins, our whole draft changes.  Good to know the players though

A couple of thoughts about DeShaun Watson:

1 - I'm going to end up being right about saying he was the best player in last year's class.

2 - He was the best player in CFB last season and the second best the year before.  He should have won the Heisman over Jackson, he was and is a far better player.

3 - The Browns majorly ****ed up by not taking him #1 overall.  Every other team that needed a QB and passed on him majorly ****ed up too.

4 - The people who wanted to punt on him in favor of chasing a QB from this year's class were wrong.  He's head and shoulders better than the prospects in this year's class.

5 - It depends on how the Kirk negotiations go, but we probably ****ed up big time too by not trading with SF for #2 and picking Watson.  He's going to end up being a better QB than Kirk, and we could end up with no QB at all this upcoming spring.

I think we should pump the brakes on Watson. He's been sloppy with the football and still has more than an INT a game. Right now he's groovin' but we've seen this from rookie QBs before. Let's see him thrive in bad weather or under greater adversity before we annoint him a Hall of Famer.

23 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What’s the word on saquon Barkley? 1st round? Would we be in the spot in the draft to draft him/how good would he be in our offense?

Think he will go higher than where we will probably pick. Possibly top 5. Just a special talent.

On 10/29/2017 at 12:09 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

He won't go that high.  He's neither fast nor long enough.  He'll go in the teens or twenties.

In most drafts that would be correct, but this draft is very much like the 2016 draft,  a few top players and then a bunch of mid first to mid 2nd rated players,  that’s why I feel he goes top 10.  

Archived