Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Liquor Thread

PokerPacker

There's a distillery near Cuilpeper called Belmont Farms that is run by a guy that used to run moonshine but turned legit.  If you've watched Moonshiners you may have heard about it.  It's near my property in Orange County, VA so I've taken the tour and bought some of their stuff and it's pretty good.

Edited by China
  • Like 1

So now that I have a few more minutes to digress, my alcoholism has changed over the years.

In my late teens, it was mostly vodka.  Mainly because you can mix vodka with literally everything.  Absolut and Grey Goose.  Missed the flavored vodka trend by a bit, however there was a Three Olives cherry vodka phase somewhere.

In my early 20's it was Southern Comfort.  SoCo and coke.  Drank so much of that stuff that I can't stand the thought of SoCo any longer.

Then it was Jager and Red Bull.  Not Jagerbombs, I'd just have ****tails of the ****.  I'm surprised my heart didn't explode when I was 25.  So ****ing gross.

I settled down with rum for many years.  Captain and Coke was my drink of choice from about 25 until 32ish.  Such a great drink to have whilst smoking a pack of Marlboro Lights in the course of a night and listening to classical rock.

Then I gave up liquor for the most part and switched mainly to beer and ciders.

Now whisky is what I pretty much drink if I'm having liquor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

I'm still searching for a bottle of Pappy.  But I'm not willing to pay more than retail for it.  It's a quest at this point.  

My brother's friend received a bottle of Pappy as a reward for a job well done.  Hasn't opened it yet.

38 minutes ago, China said:

There's a distillery near Cuilpeper called Belmont Farms that is run by a guy that used to run moonshine but turned legit.  If you've watched Moonshiners you may have heard about it.  It's near my property in Orange County, VA so I've taken the tour and bought some of their stuff and it's pretty good.

As soon as I finished reading that first sentence, my mind went to the guy they were following on Moonshiners that was going legit.

Edited by PokerPacker

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I like Basil Hayden's.  Been wanting to try Angel Envy, how is it?

Earthy.  Far from any sweetness.  But still very smooth.  A splash of water or a couple of cubes opens it up.

On 7/14/2017 at 9:08 PM, NoCalMike said:

I like Basil Hayden's.  Been wanting to try Angel Envy, how is it?

I was gifted a bottle of Angels Envy. It was the one aged in Port barrels. They have a cask strength that I wouldn't mind trying, but I'm too cheap to pay for it..  I thought it was okay, but wouldn't spend money on it. 

If you like Basil Hayden's , you might like Blanton's , or Rittenhouse Rye, or even Bulleit Rye.  Edit:  I just read TWA's post, if you like the Basil, try the Old Grandad BIB, or the 114. It's inexpensive.

It's all subjective anyway...

Edited by Skinsfan1311

• 6 months later...

Me and a few friends started the Fairfax County Bourbon Society, a small group of serious whiskey drinkers.  One of the guys signed up at 9am when the barrel pick program for the year started and we got one.  Had our choice of Buffalo Trace, 1792 Single Barrel, and 1792 Full Proof. Going to Kentucky in May to drill the barrels in the rickhouse and pick one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I’ve got one bottle already open that I drink sparingly.

This one will go in my KOSOB selection (Keep Out Sons O’ *******)

If your ever in the area let me know. Or any of you guys.  I’ll set up a decent tasting. 

• Like 2