Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

There are a lot of different places to place blame for the impending doom in the playoffs and while I would like GMBM to get fired, perhaps the biggest problem is that T.J. Oshie is now no better than Eller and Wilson and is on pace for about 15-20 points less than he should be. His decline since the injury can’t be understated.

The ****ing Blue Jackets are skating circles around us. THE ****ING BLUE JACKETS. A John Toterella coached, turtleneck on defense, dump and chase team, IS SKATING CIRCLES AROUND THE CAPS. And Vrana is wearing a suit. Again. 

Fire. Barry. Trotz. And. GMBM. Bring in Suter. Watch the structure immediately return. 

Did they even offer a push? I turned it off after the 1st hoping to come back to a 4-4 tie or something.. Either way, they don't have the leadership in place to contend. Ovie never was a great Captain imo. He may be the biggest star, but Beagle or Wilson would be fine with me as guys who play 100% every shift.. But they aren't changing that. Maybe if they did get a coach like Sutter or someone who's actually done something in the post season they'd fall in line? Just hopes and dreams at this point.. Oh well, 19 games to go! 

2 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Did they even offer a push? I turned it off after the 1st hoping to come back to a 4-4 tie or something.. Either way, they don't have the leadership in place to contend. Ovie never was a great Captain imo. He may be the biggest star, but Beagle or Wilson would be fine with me as guys who play 100% every shift.. But they aren't changing that. Maybe if they did get a coach like Sutter or someone who's actually done something in the post season they'd fall in line? Just hopes and dreams at this point.. Oh well, 19 games to go! 

Tired of that narrative. 

How many more wins does putting the C on Beagle or Wilson get us?

You're better than that.  That's for the football fans who show up at playoff time.

9 hours ago, Springfield said:

I’d assume Trotz is gone after this if it’s another 1st or 2nd round exit again.

To be frank, he should be fired if we don't get through the East and get to the Cup Finals.

We've had too much talent to not get to the main dance. If we go out like chumps again, maybe deal Backstrom. I would say Ovechkin but he's too near and dear to my heart lol as well as the city. I've watched Caps hockey far before Alex but watching the Caps without him will not be as fun. He's not what he once was but being a shooter myself, that damn shot is GOAT.

Get ride of everybody except Holtby, because u need a top tender regardless, build around him and Kuzy. Acquire assets and build a great defense while making a deal or two for some seasoned scorers sprinkled in.

This team does not have my confidence right now but maybe they'll take care of business when we expect failure

9 hours ago, DC9 said:

Tired of that narrative. 

How many more wins does putting the C on Beagle or Wilson get us?

You're better than that.  That's for the football fans who show up at playoff time.

You don't think leadership is a problem? I can't say it'll lead to x amount of wins, but it's more a mindset/heart/attitude it sets that I'm talking about. Anyway, team has/ had more then enough talent, so the next step is leadership, imo.. 

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

So now Djoos and Bowey are healthy scratches tonight, but Orpik stays in? I hope this is Trotz's last year here.

Would like it to be his last game here especially if its a loss at home in regulation 

But that might promote Reirden so would results improve much?

8 minutes ago, c slag said:

Would like it to be his last game here especially if its a loss at home in regulation 

But that might promote Reardon so would results improve much?

I'm not an expert, but I've heard good things about Rierden and I believe teams were trying to interview him for HC positions (Sabres and Panthers?), but got blocked by the Caps. Maybe he would be an improvement? He'd probably trust the youngins a bit more and hopefully be more hands-on, when it came to adjustments and actually leading the team, instead of just putting it on the players to talk each other up. 

Barry, always taking it out on the youngins.. In desperate times I guess it would kill him to bench Carlson or Niskanen, or Oshie or Nicky.. Someone that would at least get their attention.. But nah, Djoos and Bowey will set the example.. smh. 

Reirden would make a good interim coach, but this team needs someone with playoff success experience. You'd think they would be mature enough to be able to handle a rookie HC, but they're not. They all look to someone else to do the job when the hard work shows up. 

23 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Barry, always taking it out on the youngins.. In desperate times I guess it would kill him to bench Carlson or Niskanen, or Oshie or Nicky.. Someone that would at least get their attention.. But nah, Djoos and Bowey will set the example.. smh. 

Reirden would make a good interim coach, but this team needs someone with playoff success experience. You'd think they would be mature enough to be able to handle a rookie HC, but they're not. They all look to someone else to do the job when the hard work shows up. 

Benching Backstrom would do nothing. He's constantly one of the best players on the team and he tends to get it done in the playoffs as well. 

I'm not sure the dynamic between GMBM and Trotz, but I suspect they are constantly talking about lines. It was, after all, the GM that went out and traded for more defensemen, that didn't send Orpik packing and that gave big money deals to Niskanen and Orlov. 

Archived