Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

3 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I believe Orlov came into the NHL as a guy that preferred to play on his off-side.  Careful you don't get too obsessed with handedness or I might start calling you Oates :)

Oates? Please god no, I take it all back!! :chair: lol 

Well at least we tried to make a game of it.. The pinch pinched us, as usual.. Holts having a hell of a time lately. You can see his body language through those pads and uniform that he's not happy. Can't really blame him on the Kuch breakaway.. Dude is money. Still would be nice to make a huge stop there, with us surging..

Oh well, hopefully they start playing better. This month has been pretty ugly. We need more guys with 8' long sticks apparently. Stopped counting how many times they just reached out of seemingly nowhere and took the puck from us. 

A lot of Habs fans saying he should have gotten more ice time than he had, and that he was probably #3 or #4 in quality along their blue line (which they do point out is a weak defensive corps).  So we're looking at a guy who's probably a #5-#7 type D-man.  If he's an improvement on what we've got on our bottom pairing, why not give up a 5th?

edit: He's an article last month from Montreal analyzing his numbers: http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/analyze-this

Just now, Hersh said:

This is what has been missing all season. About time you are back in this role. 

My wife bought me a 70" tv while I was at work today so as far as I'm concerned, the Caps are undefeated on this bad mamma jamma

A little pre-game fodder this evening from Alan May.  He says there is definitely going to be another trade and it's going to be a bottom 6 trade, probably fourth line and it'll be player for player.  He stopped just short of saying who it was.

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

You watch the women's game last night?

It's on the DVR but I watched the shootout at work this morning.  They are ****ing ballers.  What a huge win.  My daughter watched it when she got home from school today.

Here we go....

PK is so stagnant

Just now, Springfield said:

I think something is wrong with Holtby.

Confidence and trust are completely shot at the moment.  It's a mixed bag and it's not all his fault but I am not sure letting him lose his way through it is the best answer.

26 minutes ago, DC9 said:

PK is so stagnant

Confidence and trust are completely shot at the moment.  It's a mixed bag and it's not all his fault but I am not sure letting him lose his way through it is the best answer.

Good assessment. We've seen this before. I wouldn't trust the defense either and it's got to be frustrating. 

Archived