Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNBC: Ethereum hits another record high, marking a more than 2,800% rally this year

No Excuses

17 hours ago, Springfield said:

Getting greedy is how you lose

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.

Greed is right.

Greed works.

Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.

Everyone has their own numbers and tolerance level - But I figure in 5 years there are 1 of 3 things I will be saying

1 - "I invested XXX in bitcoin - Held on way to long and it was fun for a bit -But I lost it all - Oh well"

2 - "I invested XXX in bitcoin - Got out after making $$$ but it has since gone up 50000%!! DAMN IT!"

3 - I invested XXX in bitcoin - Stayed in it for years - come see my ocean front beach house.....

The only one I dont want to say is #2.....

13 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

Everyone has their own numbers and tolerance level - But I figure in 5 years there are 1 of 3 things I will be saying

1 - "I invested XXX in bitcoin - Held on way to long and it was fun for a bit -But I lost it all - Oh well"

2 - "I invested XXX in bitcoin - Got out after making $$$ but it has since gone up 50000%!! DAMN IT!"

3 - I invested XXX in bitcoin - Stayed in it for years - come see my ocean front beach house.....

The only one I dont want to say is #2.....

So you are still holding?

The only one I don't want to say is #1

i happily walk away from investments i made money in, even if i left some on the table.

it's worked well for me so far.

my problem with BTC is I don't know how the hell to value it.

there's obviously a lot of "oh what the hell, let me toss in a thousand and see what happens" stuff pumping up the price. 

there's other issues as well.

im holding..But im ok with #1....

Here is my logic -that im TRYING to hold on to.

i was told in March a plan for investing in crypto - "Take 10% of your total investment money (Not 401k or IRA - but money that i used after taxes to invest) and buy Cypto currency.  Then let it sit there for 3 years.

in 3 years - you will either look back and say "I lost 10% of my total investment 3 years ago" which most people can accept...Or in 3 years I will be "HOLY CRAP I made money!!"

Exception - If somehow bitcoin hits 1m in 3 years -Im out no matter what!! LOL

2 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Trying to get in on this but Chase apparently doesn't recognize my itBit account :mellow:   Coinbase wasn't working at least from my iPad

I'd be very careful about buying BTC right now. You are jumping into an ocean with whales about to enter the market

No Excuses, are you referring to NEO? Which exchange are you going to use to purchase coins?

TMK, how many BTC are you HODLING?

5 minutes ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

I'd be very careful about buying BTC right now. You are jumping into an ocean with whales about to enter the market

No Excuses, are you referring to NEO? Which exchange are you going to use to purchase coins?

Yeah Antshares is called NEO now. You can purchase on Bittrex using either Bitcoin or Ethereum. 

I am using some of my Ethereum to purchase NEO. NEO is cheap enough right now that if it explodes in China with government backing you will make out INCREDIBLY well.

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Yeah Antshares is called NEO now. You can purchase on Bittrex using either Bitcoin or Ethereum. 

I am using some of my Ethereum to purchase NEO. NEO is cheap enough right now that if it explodes in China with government backing you will make out INCREDIBLY well.

Can I buy with USD on bittrex? I sold all my btc so would I have to buy some ether on coinbase, transfer it to bittrex and then buy NEO there?

6 minutes ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

I prefer not to answer..I will say im dealing with whole coins..but not enough whole coins to sell and live off!! lol

6 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

I prefer not to answer..I will say im dealing with whole coins..but not enough whole coins to sell and live off!! lol

Is that the end game for you/exit strategy? Hold until you can dump and retire? How do you plan to go about dealing with the weekly limits that are in place? If you are dealing with whole coins then you are surely effected by the sell limits. My coworker is trying to cash out and he's having to transfer coins to his family members to sell for him to try and bypass the limits

2 hours ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

Is that the end game for you/exit strategy? Hold until you can dump and retire? How do you plan to go about dealing with the weekly limits that are in place? If you are dealing with whole coins then you are surely effected by the sell limits. My coworker is trying to cash out and he's having to transfer coins to his family members to sell for him to try and bypass the limits

I dont have a exit strategy.  Great question however!  I mean -When you invest in stocks what is your exit strategy?  You keep it until you find a reason to buy or you want to liquidate for other reasons.  

The sell limits are what they are . They are weekly limits.  I hope I get to the point where It would take me up to a year to sell things off!!  I'll be clear - for me (and ONLY for me) my investment funds in this are my "Fun - Lets take a chance" investments. I have my 401k, my IRA, my 529, my company stock plans, etc...those are my long term investment / retirement plan.

This is the part of the "Go play and see what you can do".

BTW -My history is ALWAYS selling to soon.  I bought my first house at 169k.  Sold it at the start of the boom at 229k less then 3 years later. When i was done thinking i did well i saw it sell for 450k 2 years later!! (It did drop since -But never below 300....).

My first stock purchase ever was to take a $5000 bonus check i got in 98 or 99 (Don't remember) and got 1000 shares of netflix. I sold it a few years later at 25 thinking i rocked that stock!! Then cried when it hit 250.....

Bitcoin is my line in the sand....I am 100% convinced I will hold this too long..but F it..Lets play!! :)

I dont remember the posters name - but who was they guy that kept posting for years about how the stock market was on the verge of a crash like we have never seen??  He posted the first post right before the stock market took off and as it kept reaching new highs for a while he kept posting how much the crash would hurt.

We need him to come back and post in here that Bitcoin is about to crash!!  :)  (Make no mistake -I am sure one day it will crash. The question is what will it look like when it does and how high will it go first).

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

How does one buy NEO? A couple coins for $70 seems like a reasonable gamble.

You have to go through an exchange called Bittrex and purchase using either BTC or Ethereum. I am meeting a friend of mine this weekend who knows how. 

I can post a guide once he’s walked me through it.

3 hours ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

Can I buy with USD on bittrex? I sold all my btc so would I have to buy some ether on coinbase, transfer it to bittrex and then buy NEO there?

Not fully sure. I’ll post more this weekend once I figure it out with the help of a friend who has done this.

10 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

I dont remember the posters name - but who was they guy that kept posting for years about how the stock market was on the verge of a crash like we have never seen??  He posted the first post right before the stock market took off and as it kept reaching new highs for a while he kept posting how much the crash would hurt.

We need him to come back and post in here that Bitcoin is about to crash!!  :)  (Make no mistake -I am sure one day it will crash. The question is what will it look like when it does and how high will it go first).

McD5

If he got in on this action, I'd imagine he is preparing plans for a large, golden Ladell Betts statue

48 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

The obvious difference is back then we had a bunch gold standard and hyper-inflation idiots going on and on about their ideas which had little to no backing in reality. Their hysteria was realized by anyone paying attention that didn't have a certain political affiliation that's opinions were supported by the unsupported hysteria.

And now we have economists saying they don't understand the future, a history of bitcoin crashes, a ton of people openly admitting "I have no idea what any of this is about but look at this chart I gotta get in this game" , and even bitcoin experts saying this is looking to be shaky.

Even if bitcoin never has a significant drop again and everyone gets rich off it (as in actually cashes out and is rich) the two situations wouldn't be alike .

4 hours ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

If you're talking about big institutions,  I expect those whales are going to prop up the value, not diminish it. Although perhaps thats what everyone else is expecting too, and thats already been factored into the current boom ...  I'm also looking at this this long term (years), so I'm going to expect dips.

In any case, I'm prepared to lose my entire investment.   Speaking of which damn you, Chase ...   I'm assuming there's no reputable bitcoin exchange that takes CC ? :)

Addendum: Well apparently Coinbase does allow CC, although Chase blocked my first transaction as potentially fradulent ... 

Will have to get the wire details worked out so I can move the larger amounts I wanted, the weekly CC limit is pretty low ($400)

7 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

If you're talking about big institutions,  I expect those whales are going to prop up the value, not diminish it. Although perhaps thats what everyone else is expecting too, and thats already been factored into the current boom ...  I'm also looking at this this long term (years), so I'm going to expect dips.

In any case, I'm prepared to lose my entire investment.   Speaking of which damn you, Chase ...   I'm assuming there's no reputable bitcoin exchange that takes CC ? :)

Yes I'm talking about big institutions. I think they are going to manipulate the price (which is what is currently happening) to an artificially high level and then crush it. Rinse and repeat.

I thought I would be in bitcoin for years too when I first bought 21 days ago lol...you really do have to be mentally prepared to lose everything going into this thing..I only put a couple grand in when it was 7k but I knew damn well I'd rather make 1.6k than nothing so I sold yesterday right when this latest frenzy started popping off

and coinbase takes credit cards I believe. the buying limit is just lower

2 minutes ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

Yes I'm talking about big institutions. I think they are going to manipulate the price (which is what is currently happening) to an artificially high level and then crush it. Rinse and repeat.

I thought I would be in bitcoin for years too when I first bought 21 days ago lol...you really do have to be mentally prepared to lose everything going into this thing..I only put a couple grand in when it was 7k but I knew damn well I'd rather make 1.6k than nothing so I sold yesterday right when this latest frenzy started popping off

and coinbase takes credit cards I believe. the buying limit is just lower

How do you think big boys are going to manipulate the price to invoke a crash?

24 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Coinbase works for my iPhone 

Yeah I think the site may have been busy or something ... I'm in now but only for CC max, I had planned to go higher than that.  

Wow apparently my larger transaction from my Chase account is already approved (though apparently can't spend it for another 2-3 days), still  Coinbase >>> itBit

Archived