Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNBC: Ethereum hits another record high, marking a more than 2,800% rally this year

No Excuses

the main difference is the markets are open 24/7

so yes, you can wake up and see a huge gain/drop

you can also have a bot run all night and handle trading for you or you can stay up

the real issue is an exchange's website can crash but the API remains available for people who either have bots or otherwise manually trade via code (using the exchanges public API) so... you can be locked out of trading because you use their website but others are trading using their bots/programming skills

which, is exactly what happened yesterday. Some of the exchanges crashed after btc lost 18% and fell to the 9k range, but the APIs were still up so some people were still trading. when the exchanges' websites came back online btc was back up over 10k.

Yep, wish I had more fully understood this stuff earlier. (Still don't fully grasp the technology). I've seen enough to know that cryptos are the future though. 

Now I need to figure out a way to eliminate the fees at coinbase, expand my spending limit, and find a new wallet/gateway for other cryptos.

I'm pretty sure I've become addicted in less than a week. 

Bitcoin shot up over 13k this morning and I sold my position. After all fees I recognized a gain of $1,550 from holding for just under 3 weeks time. That's 62% return. Who knows where this thing will stop but considering it just hit 12k yesterday I thought it was better to walk away now than with nothing..

On 11/29/2017 at 11:07 PM, Skinz4Life12 said:

How much bitcoin and ether did your 1k investments get you at the time?

My exit strategy is HODL :) ....seriously though I decided to move my money out of the coinbase "vault" and into the wallet while leaving 2FA on. There is a 48 hour waiting period if the coin is the vault but you can sell immediately and lock in your sale price if its in the wallet. I don't plan on selling unless some catastrophic news comes out that would cripple bitcoin's value

I invested in bitcoin when it was selling for 4K/BTC. 

Pretty happy with that lol.

I am holding onto Ethereum for the long run. If it bombs oh well.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

I invested in bitcoin when it was selling for 4K/BTC. 

I sold today at triple the value of the 1K I invested. Pretty happy with that lol.

I am holding onto Ethereum for the long run. If it bombs oh well.

Nice! One of my coworkers bought in around 4k as well and is up pretty big. He's still hodling though

Did you keep your money on the exchange? I accidentally deposited it directly to my bank account when I sold.

I wanted to buy a little ETH and LTC to hold for the long term. Bitcoin is going to correct big time at some point

6 minutes ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

Nice! One of my coworkers bought in around 4k as well and is up pretty big. He's still hodling though

Did you keep your money on the exchange? I accidentally deposited it directly to my bank account when I sold.

I wanted to buy a little ETH and LTC to hold for the long term. Bitcoin is going to correct big time at some point

My ETH holding is still on the exchange. But I cashed out my bitcoin today directly into my bank account.

I would wait to see if Ethereum drops again. It has been going through cycles of fluctuating between mid-to-high 200's to peaking out around 450. I am waiting to see if it dips below 300 again and I will purchase more then.

I bought at 1700...(Bitcoin that is).

But why am i not rich? Damn wife.  Actual convo in may

"im thinking about investing $$$$ in bitcoin"

her "That is NUTS. This is gonna crash. Invest $ in it. Invest $$$ in these stocks.." (She is really good at picking stock normally).

Me in Dec "Um - Ive made 400% on bitcoin...6% on stock..."

her "Since WHEN Do you listen to me!! IDIOT!"

I am fairly certain Bitcoin is going to crash gloriously at some point. 

My social media feed is stuffed with people talking about buying into it and then saying “ yeah I don’t get what this is but let’s make money!!!”.

I have no regrets with selling yesterday. I think it’s almost certain that the value of bitcoin is artificially inflated to a dangerous degree.

Also for what it’s worth, I am thinking of putting some money into Antshares, which is in some ways China’s response to Ethereum. 

China seems really interested in adopting block chain technology and crypto currencies at a state level. And they have a strong preference for utilizing technologies developed within their own borders whether it’s social media or online shopping.

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I have no regrets with selling yesterday. I think it’s almost certain that the value of bitcoin is artificially inflated to a dangerous degree.

How about next week?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/view/articles/2017-12-06/bitcoin-bears-are-excited-about-futures

A futures market for bitcoin.  Not saying that this will certainly tank bitcoin, but I’m not saying it won’t either.

Wow, this is literally insane. Anyone still holding their bitcoin should get the **** out immediately!

What exchange is antshares on no excuses? I was thinking about getting some ETH right now as its been pretty low lately

31 minutes ago, Springfield said:

How about next week?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/view/articles/2017-12-06/bitcoin-bears-are-excited-about-futures

A futures market for bitcoin.  Not saying that this will certainly tank bitcoin, but I’m not saying it won’t either.

This is why I decided to sell yesterday. You can see what is happening in the days leading up. They are going to crush it

Archived