Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Long read, but worth it: https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/06/14/trump-gop-future-moment-south-carolina-00162767

Short version: the GOP was on a path towards diversity and including others in 2016 since they were tired of losing elections...and screwed it up.

These Three Politicians Once Looked Like the Future of the GOP. 72 Hours Later the Dream Was Dead.

An alternative history of a party that might have been, brought to you by the former selves of Marco Rubio, Nikki Haley and Tim Scott.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2

Attorney charged in voting machine tampering case announces run for Michigan Supreme Court

An attorney charged in connection with an effort to illegally access and tamper with voting machines in Michigan after the 2020 election said Thursday that he’s running for the state’s high court.

Republican Matthew DePerno, a supporter of former President Donald Trump, made the announcement on the social platform X.

“After watching the abuse of our legal system both here in Michigan, as well as across the country, it is clear that the Michigan Supreme Court needs members that are committed to following the constitution and rule of law,” DePerno wrote.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 2

Have to say?  Part of me does not want us to go down the road of Americans trying to get other Americans fired for expressing an unpopular political opinion. 

Speaking, for example, as someone who supports inclusion for groups such as Trans. Including the rights for Trans to "reveal themselves" (reveal their existance) to children. A political opinion that I'm certain a lot of Karen's will choose to get triggered over.  

Now, I can see the argument that this guy may have crossed a line, when he advocated for a (very low version of) terrorism, against somebody else's freedom of speech. 

But I think he's at least close to the line. 

@Larry

I don't disagree with anything you said. Honestly, people said way worse on that article. But I just randomly clicked on his. And I didn't like what he said so, occasionally, someone needs to feel my wrath just because it's fun. And my wrath is rarely proportional. But......**** that guy.

I let him off easy.

Would any of them grant us courtesy if the roles were reversed?  

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 2

Yeah. He's an asshole. But people shouldn't be running to the manager to report an employee for asshole, on his time off. 

Heck, I want ES' mods to keep their jobs. 

(Yes, that's a joke.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

Looks like he pulled the classic "blame it on an aide" tactic.

This is a recurring issue in the GOP...blame a young new techie for posting it without approval. One has to wonder if it's the same techie guy.

But this is intentional. They float crap like this out there and hope nobody complains, and if they do they've got a ready made excuse.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

So i wrote a song

Oooooohhhhh close all the doors

turn all the locks

Seal it up tight

so the air vents are blocked

then throw in some oily raaaags...

Now strike a match

look how it gleams!

Throw it on the rags

and ignore all the screams

roast all the fascist douchebaaags

I think it has a good direction, but i haven't finished it yet.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, mistertim said:

There is no "disconnect"

They're just hypocrites.

Their guiding principle is nothing more than rules for thee, not for me (control). It doesn’t even matter what it is. Get control, keep it, at all costs.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 2

Just now, Die Hard said:

They stand for nothing. Their guiding principle is nothing more than rules for thee, not for me. It doesn’t even matter what it is.

Maybe that's why they respect Putin more than their own POTUS...Russian rulers believe if you have might you don't need rights because you can take what you want. Which is also why they are against the rules-based world order that the US supports.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Larry said:

Yeah. He's an asshole. But people shouldn't be running to the manager to report an employee for asshole, on his time off. 

Heck, I want ES' mods to keep their jobs. 

(Yes, that's a joke.)

Well that ship has sailed. Mods, even the ones that, unlike myself, aren't horrible human beans, are routinely tattled on to their perceived "bosses."😛

And I think it's absolutely congruent when what you do in your life publicly, at any time, and however it's perceived, spills over into the totality of your existence. It's not just karma to me, it's science. 👽🤖