Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barack Obama Accepting $400,000 in Wall Street Speech Fee is Depressing

No Excuses

Just now, Burgold said:

Nah, Trump's doing this WHILE in office. I do feel ill at ease with that. Call me a hypocrite if you like.

He is donating his salary and profits from foreigners ....and to charity....so he says

the man is a saint.

Just now, twa said:

He is donating his salary and profits from foreigners ....and to charity....so he says

the man is a saint.

He's also while meeting with foreign leaders making side deals that are "hugely" benefiting Trump businesses.

19 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I just think that if we're choosing arrows from our quiver we should fire at a target worth hitting.

On it's own, this is a non-story. But I see it as a part of an overall disappointing trend of tone-deaf Democrats. They have a golden opportunity to expose the GOP for what it is on economic issues. But that is impossible as long as they also maintain their close ties to an industry that is very negatively perceived by most Americans at this point.

I think we forget that Trump somehow found a way to paint the DEMOCRATS as the party of Goldman Sachs. Now we can say that this is possible because the public at-large is dumb. Even if that's the case, it's the reality you have to live in and craft your message around. 

20 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

If the American public was informed and cared about nuance, Hillary would be President and a buffoon like Trump wouldn't have won even 5% of the vote in the primaries.

All of this assumes that people read and optics don't matter. That is clearly not the case. That the Democrats function without taking this into account is what truly makes them out of touch. They navigate as if the American public isn't dumb . The GOP understands this and exploits it to the fullest.

Obviously dumb is the new smart, and loud ignorant imbecile is the new intellectual.

Dum is tha way ta go ta git Amerka ta be gooder, then bern tha skools andlets be the brite beecin of ferdom for the werld agenn

Look. i has gun.

~Bang

Why? It's always about the money, 100% of the time... do you think people yelling about global warming the loudest are more concerned about the environment than the money they may or may not get for research? Gnaw. Do you think the people complaining about the north dakota pipeline DONT have a price on their land where they'd welcome the pipeline with open arms? Gnaw. It's amazing to me people are so naive. OFC President Obama is using his past to make money... not shocking, depressing, or wrong.

Also, all the hate for wallstreet is rediculous. No one is complaining when's they buy their $700 iphone or their $1000 samsung tv, pop some glaxo-smith-kline diet pills, or open up a second, third, fourth, or 17th wells fargo bank account, but sure RAGE RAGE RAGE.

1 hour ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Why? It's always about the money, 100% of the time... do you think people yelling about global warming the loudest are more concerned about the environment than the money they may or may not get for research?

Um... no.  The people who are yelling about global warming are scientists.  All scientists.  Some of them have chosen to helm research into that topic because it needs to be researched.  If global warming wasn't a problem, they would go into a different field.

3 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Yeah, it's their job to research it. But, if they had to research it for free they'd quickly find some other calamity in waiting to investigate that paid better...  

Yeah the real conspiracy is how nearly EVERY climate scientist in pretty much EVERY country in the world came to the same conclusion by looking at data.

It surely can't be the oil and gas companies who outfund them by a huge margin, and are widely successful in duping simpletons into believing in the "climate science gravy train". Those are the good guys.

The real bad guys are the nerds in academic departments and government science agencies doing math and science, running a global conspiracy scheme at the same time, that pretty much every  developing and developed country believes in, except the members of one political party in one country. GASP, of which you are part of l! What a coincidence. Go team R!

Damn that moneymaking flood coastal cities scheme!

It IS always about the money, and the only people left on the planet denying climate change do so because it will hurt their bottom line. 

Amazing how those who follow that line of thinking see money from all angles except those most heavily invested in keeping our ancient fuel sources, who are also the last standing group on the planet who deny this is happening.

Why, if'n the oil industry says it ain't happenin' then it ain't happeninglubblubglubblub.

~Glub

39 minutes ago, Bang said:

Damn that moneymaking flood coastal cities scheme!

I think its actually the Real Estate industry hiding climate change.  That way they constantly have new waterfront listings.  And everyone knows waterfront is more expensive.  Brilliant scheme!

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think its actually the Real Estate industry hiding climate change.  That way they constantly have new waterfront listings.  And everyone knows waterfront is more expensive.  Brilliant scheme!

That's funny...Bible verse thread beat you to it, tho...foundation is important.:ols:

3 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Yeah the real conspiracy is how nearly EVERY climate scientist in pretty much EVERY country in the world came to the same conclusion by looking at data.

It surely can't be the oil and gas companies who outfund them by a huge margin, and are widely successful in duping simpletons into believing in the "climate science gravy train". Those are the good guys.

The real bad guys are the nerds in academic departments and government science agencies doing math and science, running a global conspiracy scheme at the same time, that pretty much every  developing and developed country believes in, except the members of one political party in one country. GASP, of which you are part of l! What a coincidence. Go team R!

Hi. Why bring up the oil companies? Seems like a straw man to me. I never said that climate change was a fallacy, i'm saying that the people yelling the loudest about it are mainly doing so to make sure they get their ends. Hell, bill bye got his own TV show. 

FWIW I'm not republican. I'm independent. There are many things i disagree with republicans on.

2 hours ago, Bang said:

It IS always about the money, and the only people left on the planet denying climate change do so because it will hurt their bottom line. 

Amazing how those who follow that line of thinking see money from all angles except those most heavily invested in keeping our ancient fuel source

We we are in agreement. The two ideas are not mutually exclusive. But, if it is about money, there is no doubt that dirty energy is more cost-effective than clean energy, and when it's not, the market will make the move to cleaner energy without the government... till then, oil on.

Archived